75 Firebird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Didn’t know you were engaged. Is this the same girl you’ve been with since you’ve been on here? I’m assuming yes since that was a real nice thing to do. If she doesn’t complain about you working on it, she’s a keeper. Nice car, though!

It is, we've been together 3 1/2 years. I think I can even get her interested in having her own project car.
Thanks!

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Nice bird. Good luck with the build. FBN had a lot of knowledgeable guys back when I was active. Do they have an email address or open public forum that you can post your registration issue to? Thats only 2nd gen inclusive board I belong to. LS1tech being another that has a lot knowledgeable people but it may be harder to find a 2nd gen specific answer.

Thanks

I tried using the contact feature but I think the security question was bugged, wouldn't let me send anything. I've sent a couple pm to admins and we'll see if they get back to me

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Does my old 1981 Trans Am count?

It had a $2500 Poncho 406 in it and it wouldn't stay cool. Ever.
**** a Pontiac 400, put it some Cheby motor yo and rest easy!

Have a 406 in my vette stock style 4 core couldnt keep cool, switched to a cheap alum. rad thinking it would be the cats meow and it came with the car. It's better than the 4 core but still cant keep it cool as it should be. So it pissed me off and I ordered a complete over kill radiator for it.

Love me some 2nd gen fbodies, had and 80 and 81 Camaro in high school, have loved the 77-78 trans am since Smokey and the Bandit. Dream of owning a 70-73 TA Super Duty. Actually have been thinking of selling the vette and getting a 70-73 if I can afford it or a 78.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Are you going to be painting it the blue that's in the door jambs? There's an early 70's one that runs around my town that color, with white strips. Sharp looking car.

Undecided, I've seen an early 70's bird painted white with light orange stripes that I really liked. It's a combo I wouldn't have thought would be any good but it looked great. So maybe that

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Undecided, I've seen an early 70's bird painted white with light orange stripes that I really liked. It's a combo I wouldn't have thought would be any good but it looked great. So maybe that

Is it just because its on a bird? Early Camaros had that combo for years, then they brought it back in 97 for the 30th Anniversary.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Is it just because its on a bird? Early Camaros had that combo for years, then they brought it back in 97 for the 30th Anniversary.

Honestly I hadn't seen it before at all, I haven't dug too deep into Camaro stuff. And I'm really bad about knowing what is a factory color and what isn't, just haven't had the exposure. But now I have a reference to check it out more, thanks.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Ahh horsehockey.

The camaro sites are great for F-body info but there are minor, yet significant differences between the camaro and Firebird.
I have yet to find a really outstanding Firebird site. Kids that think they have to add all sorts of chinese crap to 'em to make 'em better than everybody else. Waste of time.

NastyZ28 is a great site.

And why get yer fiance her own project car? Seems to me she may have some interest in this 'bird.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Ahh horsehockey.

The camaro sites are great for F-body info but there are minor, yet significant differences between the camaro and Firebird.
I have yet to find a really outstanding Firebird site. Kids that think they have to add all sorts of chinese crap to 'em to make 'em better than everybody else. Waste of time.

NastyZ28 is a great site.

And why get yer fiance her own project car? Seems to me she may have some interest in this 'bird.

Too bad, always sucks to see good cars ruined with ****.

She may, I was mostly thinking of building up a moddest old car as a daily driver for her. Go with a basic ls swap and make it reliable and tame. I'd much rather that than something new. Now of course this is all way off.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I joined nastyZ28 a while back and have poked around a bit. Seems like a good place and there are Pontiac folks on there too.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m jealous, married for 46 years and wife has yet to buy me a project car. She does have some other fine attributes though including putting up with me for that long!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Honestly I hadn't seen it before at all, I haven't dug too deep into Camaro stuff. And I'm really bad about knowing what is a factory color and what isn't, just haven't had the exposure. But now I have a reference to check it out more, thanks.

They werent off the wall factory options that were never heard of.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20