75 Firebird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
They were off the wall factory options that were never heard of.

If all cars and trucks came with "unheard of off the wall factory options" like that, the car would barely get driven, only the seats would get worn out along with the hood paint...lol... :hump: :hump: :hump:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
If all cars and trucks came with "unheard of off the wall factory options" like that, the car would barely get driven, only the seats would get worn out along with the hood paint...lol... :hump: :hump: :hump:

edited it, was supposed to say weren't

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
They werent off the wall factory options that were never heard of.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

See, things like this are why I need to get educated on f bodies. I would certainly look like a ******* with a Bird painted up like a Camaro without knowing it.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Doors and fenders DO NOT interchange. They will but they don't match. The camaro's have a more pronounced centerline.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Doors and fenders DO NOT interchange. They will but they don't match. The camaro's have a more pronounced centerline.

Good to know, my doors are good and I'll only be changing fenders if I get some trans am fenders.

Oh, I've been wondering about hood clearance, does a taller intake fit (probably performer rpm) or should I stick with a stock height manifold (performer)? I'd be running the standard hood for quite some time, then eventually the formula hood.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think I'd leave the fenders alone, and go with the Formula hood and rear spoiler. Or maybe Rockford Files it.
I remember when they were new, and a lot of hot girls drove Esprits, and Berlinetta Camaros, that their Daddys bought for them.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Good to know, my doors are good and I'll only be changing fenders if I get some trans am fenders.

Oh, I've been wondering about hood clearance, does a taller intake fit (probably performer rpm) or should I stick with a stock height manifold (performer)? I'd be running the standard hood for quite some time, then eventually the formula hood.

Far as I know the only body panel that inter changes is the deck lid. Looks like theres some room

See, things like this are why I need to get educated on f bodies. I would certainly look like a ******* with a Bird painted up like a Camaro without knowing it.

it was an option

or

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Be VERY careful there. A lot of clearance is not to be had. It'll fool ya. You may think you have enough clearance and then dent or punch a hole in the hood when you close it.
I don't believe the Performer is a taller intake tho.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I think I'd leave the fenders alone, and go with the Formula hood and rear spoiler. Or maybe Rockford Files it.
I remember when they were new, and a lot of hot girls drove Esprits, and Berlinetta Camaros, that their Daddys bought for them.

I kinda go back and forth on the fender with the looks. I've read that they reduce under hood temps a bit and help keep the nose down at high speeds by reducing under hood pressures. Those are the main reasons I've been considering them.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Far as I know the only body panel that inter changes is the deck lid. Looks like theres some room

it was an option

or

I do like the shaker hoods but I'm more interested in the formula hood (my nomenclature may be off...) like this

Reactions: WFO

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Be VERY careful there. A lot of clearance is not to be had. It'll fool ya. You may think you have enough clearance and then dent or punch a hole in the hood when you close it.
I don't believe the Performer is a taller intake tho.

Alright, I'll stick to stock height then, thanks

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I do like the shaker hoods but I'm more interested in the formula hood (my nomenclature may be off...) like this

ITs the right one but I choose that pic to show clearance with assembled intake,carb, filter under a flat hood.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I kinda go back and forth on the fender with the looks. I've read that they reduce under hood temps a bit and help keep the nose down at high speeds by reducing under hood pressures. Those are the main reasons I've been considering them.
Are the fender vents in the TA functional? I've never paid attention, always thought they were esthetic only.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Are the fender vents in the TA functional? I've never paid attention, always thought they were esthetic only.

They are and based on what I know about my vette I am betting the TA has even more lift at high speeds without them.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
The lift is not so great but is noticeable when you add them with the front air dam.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat