75 Firebird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Well I bought and rebuilt a quadrajet for my bird. Now I realize messing with a carb while I'm halfway across the country and don't even have an engine is kinda getting ahead of myself. But it gave me something to do that I enjoy and it's one less thing I'll need. It's a 17057274 casting off a 77 bird, 800 cfm and supposed to be a great base for a building a performance quad. I know the stock jetting and rods will be on the lean side but that's an easy change when the time comes. And damn this ****** was dirty, doesn't look bad in the pic but it was, especially on the inside. I think the engine this came off was burning oil pretty bad, the pcv port was packed full of carbon. Also did a little massaging, just cleaned up some casting flash in the barrels, didn't try and reshape it or anything. Now holley guys you aren't gonna talk me out of using my quad, i just like em.
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After
You must be registered for see images attach

The pics don't quite do it justice, but I'm very happy with the results.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Meh, it will look nice sitting on the engine once you locate it.

Sometimes you have to go out of order to keep your sanity.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
You can run a Performer RPM with a shaker hood as long as you have a custom drop base. Pro touring F body, butler performance, and others make these. If you're planning on changing to a formula hood i'm not sure what issues (if any) you'll run into.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure if I disassembled a quadrajet carb and put it back together the engine it went on would never run right again, if at all.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
A T/A fender vents is 100% functional, just sayin.

So what the horse got in front of the kart? We need an update!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara