Wiper Pulse Module #15598496

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Local guy I know works for IBM. He builds custom made Fanuc controller boards. I gave him my module to go over and double check - he said they're very basic and would be easy to even duplicate. fwiw....he made a custom FI controller for a 1970 D-Jet injection car, from an original empty case and a schematic, so doubt this would be much of a challenge for him.

Wonder what a 'new' one would be worth? Might try and talk him into it.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
they are still available new

- https://www.workhorseparts.com/15598496-Module-Asm-Wiper-Switch-Pulse-Control

I ordered one of these and replaced mine. it didn't fix my issue, which was either the circuit breaker or park switch in the motor. but this is a direct replacement.
they are still available new

- https://www.workhorseparts.com/15598496-Module-Asm-Wiper-Switch-Pulse-Control

I ordered one of these and replaced mine. it didn't fix my issue, which was either the circuit breaker or park switch in the motor. but this is a direct replacement.

I ordered TWO of them (AC Delco) from Rockauto) and BOTH them POS' were defective. Tough pill to swallow at $79 each and no returns on electrical items. Pass

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Wonder if they were refurbs? I dont go near the remans....they take a 300k accessory, replace whatever broke - new sticker and you have a component that is 90% 300k and 10% new.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
I ordered TWO of them (AC Delco) from Rockauto) and BOTH them POS' were defective. Tough pill to swallow at $79 each and no returns on electrical items. Pass

how do you know they were defective?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Because neither one fixed the issue yet I could swap a known good module from my buddies truck and it worked like it should. Then I put both new modules in his truck and his didn't work.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Because neither one fixed the issue yet I could swap a known good module from my buddies truck and it worked like it should. Then I put both new modules in his truck and his didn't work.

got it. mine didn't fix the issue, but I left the new part in. i installed a new motor and that fixed my issue with the delay function. I did save the old part just in case. good thing, because apparently it is still good...

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
got it. mine didn't fix the issue, but I left the new part in. i installed a new motor and that fixed my issue with the delay function. I did save the old part just in case. good thing, because apparently it is still good...

What was your issue? Mine won't run on intermittent, only low and high.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
What was your issue? Mine won't run on intermittent, only low and high.

wiper motor. it has a circuit breaker and a park switch in it. one of them must have been bad. prior to replacing the motor, I had the switch in the column replaced because that seemed like the next likely culprit. but the issue was still there. the internal stuff on the motor was all that was left to replace, and that did it.

my issue was also only the delay function. hi and lo worked fine.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
wiper motor. it has a circuit breaker and a park switch in it. one of them must have been bad. prior to replacing the motor, I had the switch in the column replaced because that seemed like the next likely culprit. but the issue was still there. the internal stuff on the motor was all that was left to replace, and that did it.

my issue was also only the delay function. hi and lo worked fine.

Had to have been the park switch. Without it, the delay module doesn't know when to cycle the low speed. But that is always an obvious issue because you have to turn off the wipers at just the right time so they stop at the bottom of the glass.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Had to have been the park switch. Without it, the delay module doesn't know when to cycle the low speed. But that is always an obvious issue because you have to turn off the wipers at just the right time so they stop at the bottom of the glass.

yeah, the wipers parked fine in hi and lo. i dug through the repair manuals and the on board circuit breaker is part of the testing because I guess it can get weak. I figured that was the likely cause of the pulse not being long/strong enough to get the wipers out of park until after 2 or 3 pulses. and maybe the park switch was a little bit out of adjustment after 30yrs. it was a long road to repair considering I was 90% sure it was the module that I replaced first :banghead:

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Mine won't park but I don't know if this would be the issue or the wiper motor. I haven't ever tried intermittent.

Last edited:

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Mine won't park but I don't know if this would be the issue or the wiper motor. I haven't eve tried intermittent.

if it won't park, I'd suspect the park switch in the motor assembly. if you are very talented, you may be able to get in their and fix it. but if not, I think my replacement motor was less than $100...it was a cardone rebuild, but seems to work well.

Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I fixed mine (or a friend thst can electronics did) a couple of years ago on mine C20 diesel 1983. I will say that the feature that electroncs add to the truck means a gretet improvment than one should expect. Five nice functions, for example I do like the one side push left and you wipe once.

Crazylogix

Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I fixed one for a friend at work, thanks to this post it was easy. Made a quick video about it.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Crazylogix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1