Where do I buy new interior kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JM in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic
Engine Size
Is there a reputable company that makes / sells all the interior components I would need to completely re-do my interior (1987 Sierra Classic)? I don’t want to wait forever for the parts to arrive and I’d like the parts to be at least decent quality.

I rebuilt my neighbor’s interior in the last few months and he ordered almost everything from LMC. He wanted to do things as inexpensively as possible, and in a few instances, the quality was obviously lacking. For example, the door panels were obviously cheap and nowhere near as thick as the originals. Is this just the only kind of options we have now?

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
There are kits on Ebay. made by Coverlay. Not sure the quality, but they make entire kits for $700

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
There's only one place I know of off hand that you can order everything in one spot and it's good quality but you'll likely be waiting 2-3yrs if you get it at all. That's USA1.

Throw up a picture of your interior, if it's in decent shape, I'd pull everything out to re-dye, have the seat redone somewhere, ACC carpet and a dash pad/bezel/small trim pieces from us at AMD and call it a day. I'm not dealing with USA1s BS, my interior is decent so I'm going to redye by door panels and plastics, I already have new carpet and then do my buckets/console.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Can say on the door panels but I bought all the interior trim and a headliner from LMC and it was fine. I bought my dash from Truck Parts in CA. I was happy with it.

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
USA1 has the best door panels by far. Unfortunately, they are a horribly run operation and as mentioned you will wait at least a year and a half to receive them (if you're lucky).

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I bought the Coverlay panels a few years ago, but have yet to install them. Quality seems good to me. I'm going to remove the glued on felt inserts and use factory style ones. The inserts and sun visors were from USA-1 and took 6-7 months to receive and that was 3-4 years ago. They match these dark grey panels. Also I'm not running the map pockets or pull straps when these go in.

At the time, Rockauto was the cheapest for the panels.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Daron58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 I6
Rock auto sells the sun visors?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Odd question: were the side headliner trims always metal? Mine never originally had them, but I bagged a nice pair at the yard and they were metal. Everything else was LMC and looks / sizes up well.

I have heard the sills were either plastic or metal......dunno.

Thx.

Daron58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 I6
Thank you, I had no idea they sold interior parts I am going to give them a try, good info

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Odd question: were the side headliner trims always metal? Mine never originally had them, but I bagged a nice pair at the yard and they were metal. Everything else was LMC and looks / sizes up well.

Thx.
Yes the roof side trim was metal. I’ve had trucks with metal a plastic sill covers. I prefer the plastic version since they’re one piece.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Not sure if they do a whole kit but look at Cheyenne pickup parts. They make a really nice dash at least.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Thx.
Mine is headliner trim all metal. A and B pillars plastic. Metal was a bit rusted. Paint I have didn’t match. Put them back in with a little patina…lol.
I feel like sills went from shiny metal to black plastic in the 80s? But icbw.

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Has anyone used the headliner pieces from lmc to install one. It says with slight modifications you can use the pieces for pre 1981. Just curious.

We are thinking about installing a headliner and looking into it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag