Do not buy a cheap generic Edelbrock rebuild kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
I made the mistake and found virtually everything in the kit was wrong somehow, the needle seats were a slightly different thread from my carb body and would not screw in, the floats were made wrong and no amount of bending on the tabs would allow for correct float/needle & seat operation, the accelerator pump shaft is smaller in diameter (would have a lot of wobble) and the hole for the S hook connector is too small, the gaskets are not punched correctly to line up with the holes where required.
I have a real hard time trying to justify spending 60 dollars for an Edelbrock kit when there is virtually nothing to them due to the simplicity of their carburetors.
Might have to go back to running a Q-jet as much as I don't like to rebuild them.

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have had good luck with the Walker kits. I've done several and haven't had any issues. Generally $25-30.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
I ordered a Walker kit today after finding out the cheap import knock off kit caused more damage than it fixed.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
I was prepared to open a dispute regarding the carb kits I got, but contacted the seller to give him a chance to make things right.
I called him out on selling knock off garbage, he knew he was caught dead to rights and refunded me in full.
I am hoping the cheap kit didn't damage my carburetor as the screws that hold the top to the main body were real hard to tighten down (probably due to gasket material stuck in the threads from misaligned holes).

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Have bought kits from various suppliers.
Only part I was disappointed with at Rock Auto was a kit.
NAPA's are decent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes