vacuum pump-where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I am having a hell of a time finding a source for a new vacuum pump or pod. Mine does not seem to be working. Its an 87 blazer with the distributer style vac pump. After hours of searching, most links I found are dead, the businesses that supposedly used to sell them, no longer do, etc. etc.

The ONLY pump I can find is a standard motors product vcp108. It looks to be belt driven from the pictures. Id like to find something better than buying that and trying to swap pods. Any sources to buy a pump? Ive tried usdieselparts, blueridge and a few others.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
more than happy to swap the pod but not sure what pod I can use. I found some infor about maybe using a 6.5 pod, or even some ford ones, but not sure part numbers or not. Ive been trying to figure out if the delphi nlvp1790 is the right one, but the only place I can find that is jegs, and it too seems to be the whole belt drive pump, not just the pod.

backwoodsman

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Suburban K1500
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
Accurate Diesel has new pods for $135 that they say are fresh production from the OEM manufacturer. Googling "6.2L" "vacuum pump" will turn up a few other sources.

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
I have a 1985 6.2L in my blazer,

I replaced the pod with the one from Accurate Diesel ... two bolts and a gasket ... it stopped my oil leak and the vacuum worked fine.

Last time I chedked Accurate Diesel was out of the PODS but as noted above they are showing in stock and also when I just checked on line they are showing stock.

I spoke to the guys at Hillbilly Wizard and they told me they could rebuild your stem and at one time they had the PODs or could get them.

Depending on the Trasmission, the pump is only needed for the A/C and Cruise Control ... the 700R4 does not require vacuum to operate.

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Rock Auto, part# VCP108, $100.79.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
i just installed an accurate a few days ago. pod only. 25mm of vacuum rock steady. A little more than rock auto, but I prefer to not by dorman, etc type stuff if I can avoid it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag