Should this new guy buy this '85?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowfidelity

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey all, new guy here, very new to square bodys. I've been eyeing my neighbors truck since I first saw it and he's thinking about parting with it. Second owner, first was a transmission mechanic, second (himself) was a general mechanic but he's got a bad back. Sounds like it's been sitting for awhile but he says will crank with some gas in the intake. He says the motor is a 500 from a caddy. Previous owner converted it to 2 barrel for unknown reasons. That's all I know other than the fact is looks clean. He said it needs knows it needs a fuel pump and rear brakes when last he checked. Only major rust I've found is drivers side rear cab corner. Tag on door says 16/85, so we assume 1985. What do y'all think? If I go in on this project, what should I expect? I'm not looking for a show truck, just a farm truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Attachments

• welcome.gif
    welcome.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 26

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Get it! Welcome from VA.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome from Houston, TX, I'd snap that up if "the price is right" LoL. Back in 1979-80 we had a Burb that had full Cadillac drivetrain. Wish we could a got it sorted out, but it was in bad shape. Still have the motor and transmission; they're going in a project truck I have.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Yeah, I'd buy it just because of the 500 Caddy. The exhaust manifolds can be inverted and you could run stacks through the hood. And I'd put a spread bore Rochester on it with the linkage dialed in so you really have to stomp on it to engage the big secondaries. Never know when you'll need well fed cubic inches.

What's the asking price?

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Lol, Caddy hood emblem. Does that make it the first Escalade? Looks like it would make a good farm truck. Welcome.
Welcome from Houston, TX, I'd snap that up if "the price is right" LoL. Back in 1979-80 we had a Burb that had full Cadillac drivetrain. Wish we could a got it sorted out, but it was in bad shape. Still have the motor and transmission; they're going in a project truck I have.
Our Burb was a '75, and the guy who built it, built one every year for several years. Maybe even back in the 3 door ones. So he probably built the "original" Escalade, but never got any credit for it. My Dad was going to put the Eldorado hood ornament on it (had the GMC square one the Sierra Classic got).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad