Whats your hand soap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I have gojo, but honestly it kinda sucks at removing grease and oil. For me, the abrasive doesnt seem to pull much off my hands and it requires a lot more reapplications. And it seems to irritate my hands a tiny bit(Dawn dish soap im allergic to, maybe a similar ingredient).

When I was in high school, I had a shop class with some really dope soap, but I was told it was "soy" but I dont htink it was. Probably just a high quality pumice soap. Maybe it was from NAPA?

Last edited:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I mixed some Borax powder in with my fast orange, works real good.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I dunno I have fast orange. I use that outside then go inside and finish up with Dawn. I do the prewash to keep the house sink from “looking dirty” or the wife will “ kill me.” :rolleyes:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I don't have running water out at the garage, so I generally use Tub O Towels. I've used about every brand and variety there is, they seem to work the best overall. Then when I go in the house, I just wash with dish soap.

Then at work right now we have this Gojo stuff:

I've been using a pump or two of that, along with a pump of the the foaming disinfectant soap we have in the wall dispenser. It turns out, it's an awesome combination that scrubs and cleans very very well.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Gojo 1135

Original Pumice

If you look at this ebay ad you will see the picture of the Gojo that says "Fine Italian Pumice". This is discontinued and now the tub says "Gojo Original Pumice". That picture is at the bottom of the same ad on ebay.

This works very well and is available from Napa. The Snap-On Nitro Gold is also good, as stated above, but Snap-On charges "Snap-On" prices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOJO-4Lb-P...904?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Mineral spirits followed by dish soap.
Eric

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Fast orange, or gojo work super well. I also like lava soap bars, it's just a pumice bar I believe I got them from oreillys when I went to pick up some oil filters one time. They work great

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Believe it or not I still prefer Lava, though it's getting pretty hard to find.

The snap on stuff someone mentioned is pretty good (worked at a salvage yard and we used it) but it is ungodly horrendously expensive. I like fast orange a lot, regular gojo isn't bad either. If I'm in a pinch and have some really greasy stuff that won't come off using dish soap but have nothing else at my disposal, mixing table salt in with it works like pumice (though it can be a little rough on the hands if you do it a lot)

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Believe it or not I still prefer Lava, though it's getting pretty hard to find.

The snap on stuff someone mentioned is pretty good (worked at a salvage yard and we used it) but it is ungodly horrendously expensive. I like fast orange a lot, regular gojo isn't bad either. If I'm in a pinch and have some really greasy stuff that won't come off using dish soap but have nothing else at my disposal, mixing table salt in with it works like pumice (though it can be a little rough on the hands if you do it a lot)
Orange gojo is what im working with. Orange goop before that. Not a huge fan, the pumice seems too fine and melts in my hands, so like it doesnt rub off stuff.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI

I don't have running water out at the garage, so I generally use Tub O Towels. I've used about every brand and variety there is, they seem to work the best overall. Then when I go in the house, I just wash with dish soap.

Then at work right now we have this Gojo stuff:

I've been using a pump or two of that, along with a pump of the the foaming disinfectant soap we have in the wall dispenser. It turns out, it's an awesome combination that scrubs and cleans very very well.
we have the regular orange jugs of gojo at work, but I too mix it with the foamy soap from the wall dispenser and it is a good combo for sure.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Orange gojo is what im working with. Orange goop before that. Not a huge fan, the pumice seems too fine and melts in my hands, so like it doesnt rub off stuff.
yeah I know what you mean. That's why I still like Lava. Yeah it's messy to have a greasy bar of soap on your sink, but if something is being stubborn and won't come off just dig that gritty bar into your hand a little harder while you're scrubbing and it will come off sooner or later

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD