What's it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Gotta love that about Squares. So easy and cheap to fix. Look at all the minor stuff you got fixed in just 2 days. I'm must wondering where you're finding all the warm weather to get it done.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Man, he's got 4 Squares and Catching up to me quick. He's actually got me beat. I only got 2 in driving condition and 1 of those only has 1st and 2nd.
:roflbow:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Gotta love that about Squares. So easy and cheap to fix. Look at all the minor stuff you got fixed in just 2 days. I'm must wondering where you're finding all the warm weather to get it done.

I've got the Burb up at work right now, so I can just pull it in the shop at the end of the day to work on it. My boss hasn't even been complaining about keeping the heat on, which is odd.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've got the Burb up at work right now, so I can just pull it in the shop at the end of the day to work on it. My boss hasn't even been complaining about keeping the heat on, which is odd.

Hell yeah, nothing like a heated shop. :grd:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Once up on the lift, I realized it has factory duals with no cats. It's great because that's a couple less pieces of smog equipment to get rid of.

You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I cannot believe how nice and solid that thing is! Definitely a great purchase!!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Once up on the lift, I realized it has factory duals with no cats. It's great because that's a couple less pieces of smog equipment to get rid of.

Looking nice !!! I coulda told you it didn't have Cats on it. Cuz of the GVWR and being 3/4 ton. That's why my trucks are 3/4 tons. Notice your fuel filler too. Its BIG, and your gas guage doesn't say Unleaded Fuel Only !!! :waytogo:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Looking nice !!! I coulda told you it didn't have Cats on it. Cuz of the GVWR and being 3/4 ton. That's why my trucks are 3/4 tons. Notice your fuel filler too. Its BIG, and your gas guage doesn't say Unleaded Fuel Only !!! :waytogo:

Yep, I just noticed the fuel filler today when I filled er up. Didn't notice the lack of "unleaded" warnings though. So, what else do you know about my truck that I don't know? :baby:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, I just noticed the fuel filler today when I filled er up. Didn't notice the lack of "unleaded" warnings though. So, what else do you know about my truck that I don't know? :baby:

Not much really, but even in states where emmisisons testing is required it won't be hard to get it to pass because its rated at GVWR of 8500lbs or higher. Hahah, I guess I have told you a few things huh? The electric fan, and now the Cats, filler and Gas Guage. LOL I even amaze myself at times. :laughing1:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Oh my GOD!!!!! :suicide:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

And not sure if yours will have them since its a Burb, but you might like those exhaust manfiolds. I didn't they were that big a deal, but if the has the expanders in them, they aren't cheap. That keeps them from cracking under high heat, and some have reffered to them as better than headers as far as perfomance. Kinda looks like a slinky in the center of the exhaust manifold if you have them.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
And not sure if yours will have them since its a Burb, but you might like those exhaust manfiolds. I didn't they were that big a deal, but if the has the expanders in them, they aren't cheap. That keeps them from cracking under high heat, and some have reffered to them as better than headers as far as perfomance. Kinda looks like a slinky in the center of the exhaust manifold if you have them.

Yep, it has those too:) They looked like they probably flow pretty well, so no headers for this one.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Would you feel better if I took pics of the rust on my other burb?
:)
I had all the rust I can deal with, if you only know what I went throught his afternoon patching up my POS, I am dying right now from that ****. :sad72:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, it has those too:) They looked like they probably flow pretty well, so no headers for this one.

Awesome, I can't think of any secrets that I might know about it. I'm sure you're aware its a 40 gallon gas tank. Pretty much standard for the 454, 3/4 ton Burb. Have fun filling that bish up when its on E.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns