What non 73/87 parts have you swapped into your squarebody?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malibuman402

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
BB 402+.060 = 413.8CI
96 tahoe bucket seats and console, 96 tahoe serpantine setup, 72 402 bored .060 over.

malibuman402

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
BB 402+.060 = 413.8CI
and a duel electric fan from a 05 impala.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Do you have any pics of the silverado front seats???
I'm getting tired of my '85's tired old bench seat and was thinking of trying to fit in a late model Silverado seat with the buckets and console combo.

I don't have any really good pics but here is the best one. I made some mounting brackets out of 1x2-1/8 rectangle tubing.

They may be a little tall for a pickup, the floor in my Blazer is flat where the truck floor has a 3"-4" swell under the seat(s).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
What came off the astro van?

I started that project with a pair of "captain" seats with center console that came out of an Astro Van. (Aftermarket conversion "Mark 3") They first saw service under my lead in a '97 c1500 I used to own. :shrug:
Sry it wasn't anything cooler than that :(
I don't have them anymore but them sumbitches will bolt into damn near anything!

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
Astro(safari) aluminum wheels.

i upgraded to michelins and didn't want to run steel rims anymore. This is a fairly cheap way at the salvage yard to get into aluminum rims.

85-2002 was 5X5 lug

2003 on up was 6 lug and i think 16" rims.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
This was my grandfathers truck, it’s worth exactly it’s widget in scrap to most people. But it’s considered family now.
It sounds pretty damn sweet to me!! A bunch of new feature i like on that list.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
It sounds pretty damn sweet to me!! A bunch of new feature i like on that list.

Thank you. I just bought a rust free bed to replace what’s left of the original after the dreaded “tin worm” finished feasting on it. Later on I’ll probably look into a cab swap. The cab is relatively solid compared to the bed. I have never seen a bed rust as bad as this one, and it’s rusting out from the bottom up. I tried my hand at some bodywork, I replaced the rotten wheel house with a replacement panel, it’s still fairly solid. I think the only thing holding the bed sides in place is the tailgate. The truck sat for many years after my grandfather died, I’m convinced the worst thing for a vehicle is to sit. The truck ram and drove well when he parked it, once I got it running I had to deal with dry rotted hoses, mice chewing on wiring, rusty brake lines, etc

Doublenaughtspy

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cid
Do you have any pics of the silverado front seats???
I'm getting tired of my '85's tired old bench seat and was thinking of trying to fit in a late model Silverado seat with the buckets and console combo.
FYI, my seats came from a '08 Silverado LS, cloth and power adjustment. Took a bit of work fabbing mounts and they still ended up a bit too tall from the floor. I can barely get them far enough back to be comfortable (I'm a 34" inseam) and have to keep the steering wheel tilted up. The headrests had to go, too. I love the look and storage, but not sure I'd go with the same again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84