Rescued another one!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Got the drivetrain pulled. I actually did get the engine to turn over. Definitely a head gasket, but if it bent a rod or not or whatever, I don't know yet, will update on that soon.

Engine trans and transfer case are out, I pulled some little stuff like windshield washer reservoir and coolant reservoir. I got a full length dual exhaust, it's only like 1.5 inch pipe and glasspacks but it's pretty new. Driveshafts, fan shroud, copper/brass rad.
You must be registered for see images attach

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
So all the tear down leads to the reason of why I did it. I actually ended up trading the 85 straight out for a 82ish c30 frame with a supposedly rebuilt kingpin Dana 60, came with supposed to be 6 inch lift springs for what looks like a 3/4 ton. The dually hubs are mounted and guy threw in some single wheel hubs as well. The silver truck had no drivetrain and a blown up rear end under it, I also sent the other blown up 10 bolt with it from at suburban, a spare transfer case and some little extra odds and ends like a mirror and light housings, as well as all of the stuff from tear down I didn't need. I told the guy everything I took from the 85 and what was wrong with it and he said he was fine trading straight up.

I think we both think we got the better deal and that's fine by me. The only thing I'm not happy with is he started the 4x4 swap and there's some shady stuff going on with the frame, but I've got those couple others if all else fails. The rear end is definitely a little bit too loose but I kind of want the narrow track width of my cab and chassis.

Will get better pics and show you all the problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad