What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Finally! A cup holder that doesn't take up space on my seat. From Oreilly, magnetic and a good magnet. Says it holds 8 lbs. Derek Beiry at VGG bought these for his mustang for a cross country trip. Works great. Part # PTT0051

Attachments

• All Photos - 1 of 1 (2).jpeg
    All Photos - 1 of 1 (2).jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 20

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Pulled the plugs to inspect, trying to figure out why I keep getting CELs for “too rich” on both banks. Of course, didn’t really find anything. Gonna take it for a ride tomorrow and look at fuel trims with my tuner. We suspect leaking injectors

You must be registered for see images attach

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Pulled the plugs to inspect, trying to figure out why I keep getting CELs for “too rich” on both banks. Of course, didn’t really find anything. Gonna take it for a ride tomorrow and look at fuel trims with my tuner. We suspect leaking injectors

This is a shot in the dark make sure you got the right O2 sensors they are not created equal and could easily read rich cause it to go lean my Jeep had Bosch instead of NTK and melted the cat the p.o. just put them on before I purchased it took about 10k Miles before cat was melted and completely plugged up should always use factory O2 sensors

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
This is a shot in the dark make sure you got the right O2 sensors they are not created equal and could easily read rich cause it to go lean my Jeep had Bosch instead of NTK and melted the cat the p.o. just put them on before I purchased it took about 10k Miles before cat was melted and completely plugged up should always use factory O2 sensors
Hmmm, I just bought a Bosch for my Jeep. Thought Bosch was a good brand. Maybe not anymore

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Hmmm, I just bought a Bosch for my Jeep. Thought Bosch was a good brand. Maybe not anymore
It just depends on what sensor it came with from factory if you jeep calls for a Bosch your fine my zj however came with NTK I knew that was common issue across different makes models but I figured it out by looking at the live data and sensors were reading out of spec but not enough to throw a code but it's a 96 newer stuff would probably throw a code like in a ls there is other things like maf could be dirty or faulty, or temp sensor stuck making it think its cold so it's dumping fuel trying to warm up etc that is the downside to modern tech and what makes me love carbs so much more best thing to do is get familiar with a good scan tool learn to read the live data and sometimes you need a little JFM (just fkin magic) lol

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
It just depends on what sensor it came with from factory if you jeep calls for a Bosch your fine my zj however came with NTK I knew that was common issue across different makes models but I figured it out by looking at the live data and sensors were reading out of spec but not enough to throw a code but it's a 96 newer stuff would probably throw a code like in a ls there is other things like maf could be dirty or faulty, or temp sensor stuck making it think its cold so it's dumping fuel trying to warm up etc that is the downside to modern tech and what makes me love carbs so much more best thing to do is get familiar with a good scan tool learn to read the live data and sometimes you need a little JFM (just fkin magic) lol
Mine is obd1, no magic with scanners...lol...
I'll check the shop manual to see what brand it recommends

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Nice! This front hitch receiver ($238) went on my ‘84 Jimmy pretty easily. I have 4wd so didn’t need a front hitch to put a boat in the lake or anything, but I wanted to put it on nonetheless.

Unfortunately, I do not have OEM tow hooks (and do not want to pay the small fortune they’re selling for online), but I would be curious how they play with the hitch receiver. As an aside, I bought a few of these Harbor Freight tow hooks, which are oriented 90° differently than the OEM hooks, so trying to do something with these may be a creative undertaking sometime soon. All advice / suggestions from the community is welcome!
Thanks for the part number. I would consider removing the stock hooks for the hitch. I had to cut the new air dam that i bought so it would clear the hooks. My bumper brackets are tweaked a little to the driver's side. I may have to fix them. I've looked at those hooks also. I bought the part with the shackle on it and leave it on the rear. It would work great in the front. I'll post a pic. later.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
For sure, o2s are definitely not all created equal. Bosch especially are known to be problematic these days. The company I got my harness from recommends either Delco/Genuine GM or Delphi. Already tried a Delphi and it was bad so went with the Genuine GM this time. And this time it went from only being the right bank to being both banks. So either it's a coincidence and the LH o2 went bad or I've got issues upstream

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Me and my tuner took the truck for several rides today and he tweaked several things. When we tuned it in October, we changed it to an SSR operating system (for the stick and to get a functioning rev limiter cuz I didn’t have one before) but today when he plugged in, it said Envoy :shrug:

We’re not sure why that was or how that’s even possible. But for some reason that made his computer automatically go to the wrong tables when he originally plugged in. Our first run, he didn’t see anything wrong at all but when we stopped he found it. Once he realized that, it was running way rich, not de-fueling on decel/in between shifts and a few other issues. So we corrected all that, bumped up the idle from 850 to 900 and increased the pedal sensitivity. So far, it’s like a whole new truck, drives MUCH better. Got tomorrow and Friday off so I’m gonna drive it for the weekend and see how it goes

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
Engine Size
Me and my tuner took the truck for several rides today and he tweaked several things. When we tuned it in October, we changed it to an SSR operating system (for the stick and to get a functioning rev limiter cuz I didn’t have one before) but today when he plugged in, it said Envoy :shrug:

We’re not sure why that was or how that’s even possible. But for some reason that made his computer automatically go to the wrong tables when he originally plugged in. Our first run, he didn’t see anything wrong at all but when we stopped he found it. Once he realized that, it was running way rich, not de-fueling on decel/in between shifts and a few other issues. So we corrected all that, bumped up the idle from 850 to 900 and increased the pedal sensitivity. So far, it’s like a whole new truck, drives MUCH better. Got tomorrow and Friday off so I’m gonna drive it for the weekend and see how it goes

It's good to have friends in low places, and high places...lol...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It seems like almost every boatyard around here has a truck with a front hitch. It sure makes jockeying the trailers around a lot easier.

Yup. I even made front one for my tractor to move my trailer to move it when I go to mow the field. MUCH easier to quickly move it around.