What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
@PeteJr Jim, what is your trucks drop stance? That is perfect. Call me an old soul but I would never want a slammed stance but just right.
Sam, thanks for the comments.
I just "wanted" to level it, since most trucks are a little higher in the rear normally. Started with 2 1/2" dropped spindles, new stock front and rear springs. Also, 2" dropped spring hangers in the rear and 2" lower rear shackles.
This combination actually raised the front up an 1" and that wasn't what I wanted.
I got a set of 2" lower front springs and that gave it the look you see now.
It has stock shocks and the fronts are close to bottoming out. Probably will change those to lowered shocks.
Trial and error.......... Hope this helps !

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BN 99

Reaction score
First Name
Becca
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Moved it into my new house! It feels really good to have a normal sized garage for the first time ever....

Moved it into my new house! It feels really good to have a normal sized garage for the first time ever....

The maiden voyage into its new home ♥

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It was a good few days. Got new tires, an alignment to verify my "precise" front suspension work.
Got exhaust system a couple weeks ago. Still gotta do the AC stuff.
Drove it to the weekly cruise in last night and got a standing ovation. (No one brought their chairs)
Heading to a car show about 50 miles away tomorrow with a bunch of buddies and their trucks and cars.
(First road trip, well in a couple years anyway)

Took 16 months once I started on the "exterior" project.

Before:

Definitely looking good! Nice work!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got the new washer pump in and wired up. Works great now.

Pushed the wires down and filled the jug.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi

Took the square (aka George per the missus) and his garage buddy the Hummer H2 (aka Huey per the missus) to the years first Cruise In tonight. Beautiful evening. Wife likes driving Huey......hurts George’s feelings. :rotflmao:

Hawkeye283

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got the cab back on the frame. All the interior electrical work is done. Finished up installing the brake booster/master. Pedals are in. Ready to start the engine and rear wiring.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 19

SierraClassique

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
5.0L V8
Took advantage of some open time on my buddy’s lift to clean up some surface rust and remove as much of a brittle, several-decades-old rubberized undercoating as I could on my ‘84 Jimmy. After several days of chiseling, wire brushing, sanding, and cleaning followed by several coats of primer and paint, I feel pretty good about keeping rust at bay for a while until I get around to sandblasting and powdercoating in a decade of so.

After dealing with the carcass of an old rubberized undercoating, I decided just to stick with primer and paint, but I may revisit that decision after some wheeling next hunting season.

Forgot to take before and after pictures, but here’s a photo from about 80% through.

Bonus: I was also able to track down and address a rattle in my exhaust that was driving me crazy.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Home for the first time in 10 days yesterday. Took the tarp off the cab this morning. Pollen is well, how pollen is around here this time of year, oof! Plans to wash and ride today.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got the cab back on the frame. All the interior electrical work is done. Finished up installing the brake booster/master. Pedals are in. Ready to start the engine and rear wiring.
Whoa, damn! Gonna need some more pics of that beauty! Nice work!
73? Or did you get rid of the rain gutters before painting it?

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
So, as stated previously... I made a catch up day with the truck come to life(amongst other necessary chores, errands, etc). Washed it, stared at it, topped off the coolant reservoir, got the wife to help out for the photo rally pic, drove it to a few places, checked the oil - looking good!, stared at it, cranked it back up and checked the trans fluid level - looking good!, parked it and gave it a nice pampered dust off as the pollen put on another layer as the day went on. Really happy to be home with our dogs, chilling with the family and appreciating the cool a$$ truck I have.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Still sanding on the box, the thick enamel paint clogs the DA 80 grit paper too quickly. I mostly have the left side completed. Now to the right side, think I’m gonna try the mud hog with 40 grit to see if I can knock that enamel layer off quicker. I now have a much better understanding of how much surface area there is on these old square body trucks. Finishing the box will be a huge triumph.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Washed both of them but was too tired to do the camaro. The plan was all three to get cleaned. Took theb82 to home depot and heb after cleaning it. It was terrible from sitting under the tree for a couple of weeks since last washing. Lol

Y'all gotta try this window cleaner! It works great for all my vehicles. If you don't like to put rainx on but get the befits of it by just cleaning them. You'll like it. Saw it at Walmart and wanted to give it a try. I like it. I just use the blue shop towels to clean them and it works fine.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Washed both of them but was too tired to do the camaro. The plan was all three to get cleaned. Took theb82 to home depot and heb after cleaning it. It was terrible from sitting under the tree for a couple of weeks since last washing. Lol

Y'all gotta try this window cleaner! It works great for all my vehicles. If you don't like to put rainx on but get the befits of it by just cleaning them. You'll like it. Saw it at Walmart and wanted to give it a try. I like it. I just use the blue shop towels to clean them and it works fine.
I wash the truck with Turtle Wax soap that has the Rain X in the soap. Does amazing things.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Also did a little body work on both of them. Found cracking Bondo on top the 84 along with a nice rust spot. Grinded off the rust and cracked bondo. Then put some more bondo on it and sanded it. Haven't put primer on yet because no bare metal is showing. I love the smell of bondo. Lol

I'm not looking for perfection, just get rid of the bad and repair it looking good and stop the rust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood