What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When I put on the fuel regulator it leaned out the engine causing it to run hotter and boil the fuel out the filter. One thing leads to another. The phenolic gasket fixed the fuel boiling problem but the damage was already done. Cheap fix.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I finally wrapped up a few loose ends (nothing exotic) and pulled the Blazer out for a bath and drove it some.

New bracket for my p/s fluid reservoir
You must be registered for see images attach

Mounted a few more things in the cargo area, I now have a tool box, storage box (straps, shackles, etc), ice chest, CO2 tank and water jug.

Just pics of it outside for the first time in MONTHS

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I don't understand what the issue is. You need a starter for a car with a 153 tooth flywheel. It's not uncommon, I have about 5 of them in my garage. Looking up a truck starter will get you nowhere. This was all mentioned in your thread about the truck. I'm honestly surprised that your mechanic doesn't know that either. Far as I know, a BB Chevelle starter will not work either because they all had a 168 tooth flywheel.

Just get a starter for an '84 Caprice with a 305. It should be a straight bolt pattern and will work on your engine.
I went back to find that post but couldn't. Either way I sent him a text about it. I would've definitely tried that if I had seen the post but I guess I missed it. Thanks

GMC_Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350 sbc
Hey guys here's an update on those door cupholders and speaker pods I bought. These are just roughed in as a finish, I plan to paint them the right color and sand again I just wanted to see them on the truck. I am going to flip the sides I put the cupholders on so the round part is in the front, and also move the speaker pod forward more. All and all they are pretty nice if you aren't a stickler for everything being all original. I don't like doing anything that is irreversible like cutting holes in doors or trimming panels so these are my style. Will update again when they are finished properly and where I want them.

Last edited:

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Hey guys here's an update on those door cupholders and speaker pods I bought. These are just roughed in as a finish, I plan to paint them the right color and sand again I just wanted to see them on the truck. I am going to flip the sides I put the cupholders on so the round part is in the front, and also move the speaker pod forward more. All and all they are pretty nice if you aren't a stickler for everything being all original. I don't like doing anything that is irreversible like cutting holes in doors or trimming panels so these are my style. Will update again when they are finished properly and where I want them.
Seems like it would be hard to get a drink in an out with the cup holder up front?

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I finally wrapped up a few loose ends (nothing exotic) and pulled the Blazer out for a bath and drove it some.

New bracket for my p/s fluid reservoir

Mounted a few more things in the cargo area, I now have a tool box, storage box (straps, shackles, etc), ice chest, CO2 tank and water jug.

Just pics of it outside for the first time in MONTHS

Rad!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Those look like handy cup holders and storage trays. One benefit to switching them around is the cup holder will be closer to the door's hinge point and you can carefully close the door without spilling a smaller drink such as a 12/16oz can. I still wouldn't do it with a big gulp cup though, lol.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Those look like handy cup holders and storage trays. One benefit to switching them around is the cup holder will be closer to the door's hinge point and you can carefully close the door without spilling a smaller drink such as a 12/16oz can. I still wouldn't do it with a big gulp cup though, lol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oplinger

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
These look RAD!! I think putting the cup holder in front of the storage space is a great idea. would be easier to get the cup in and out without risking hitting the seat or your leg. Great idea though!!

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So, I fixed a rattle in my dash. The brake release bracket became loose where it bolts in immediately behind the dash. Rattle gone. I then screwed around with my hood, which was up on one side, and could be pushed down. I tried raising the rubber stop, which did not help. Lowering the latch assembly in the middle pulled down the hood and it now fits tight. Not perfect alignment, but much better. I think I may need to play with the fender alignment next, if I care. Its the little things. I cannot believe how much quieter this 43 year old truck is than when I got it 3-4 years ago. vent window latches, dynamat stuff, fixing rattles and lubing door hinges. All of this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS