What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've owned my 81 C10 "Ralph" for 2 ½ years now. I just washed him for the first time! This truck was bought here, parked outside since new (42 years) and guess what I found under all the dirt and oxidation? Shine!!

Attachments

• All Photos - 1 of 1 (10).jpeg
    All Photos - 1 of 1 (10).jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 29

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
very cool, I’m getting started on my radiator tomorrow.
Mine has been needing attention fir a long time. The old rubber ones were just that old and two were missing. And these are made of a better material. I don't know how to describe it except it's soft but firm and it's not rubber.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Got the radiator underway. I ordered a radiator with a 1.75” outlet on the bottom, figuring that I was replacing the old one anyway. Big mistake! The stock molded hose doesn’t appear to be made in any other than a 1.5” outlet. So I’m stuck with a generic flex hose or have to cobble something together.
You must be registered for see images attach

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got the radiator underway. I ordered a radiator with a 1.75” outlet on the bottom, figuring that I was replacing the old one anyway. Big mistake! The stock molded hose doesn’t appear to be made in any other than a 1.5” outlet. So I’m stuck with a generic flex hose or have to cobble something together.
How'd you get it mounted to core support? It looks too short to use stock top mounts. That's the only problem I've seen with the aftermarket aluminum radiator. I'm having my old one repaired to see if that will work. Looks good tho.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
How'd you get it mounted to core support? It looks too short to use stock top mounts. That's the only problem I've seen with the aftermarket aluminum radiator. I'm having my old one repaired to see if that will work. Looks good tho.
It lines up nicely, actually. I measured the width and height to match my stock dimensions.

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
I replaced the rubber rear brake hose. On this list of things to still work on, new rear brakes (pretty sure the original shoes from 1981 are still on the truck), sandblast and paint 2 more of the stock rally rims (already done 2), and dig deeper into the dash to fix the wiring that the mice chewed.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
It lines up nicely, actually. I measured the width and height to match my stock dimensions.
That's odd yours sits so far down/is a shorter rad than my '85 originally had. Wonder if the "HD Cooling" is the difference?

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Got the bumper I recently picked up all stripped down, I hate rattle can rubberized undercoating. The only time it's strong is when you're trying to remove it lol. Spent at least 5 hours with an angle grinder and wire wheel, stripping the undercoating and a coat of paint off. Thank god it's 1/4 inch steel. I'm sure paint stripper of some sort would work on sheet metal.

After these pics I welded a couple holes, welded up the safety chain holes a little, flap disc'd some surface rust areas and the edges and corners, and ground off a couple welds on the mounting brackets. I've still gotta plug that passenger side big hole still, I'll use the other one.

I'm also going to fab up a shield/step/shin wrecker for the for the factory style led license plate light for suburbans. I like the light output and throw on the light, but I want it tucked up like the factory did for that lighting, so I need a shield thing. I'm gonna try and do a mini reverse image of the tow plate.

This bumper is cool as hell. Someone laid some pretty decent welds down on this thing. It was professionally made to some extent, whether it was a good fab shop or a big company, I'm not sure.

I'll be able to reverse anywhere care free, without looking AT ALL, in no time!!

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
That's odd yours sits so far down/is a shorter rad than my '85 originally had. Wonder if the "HD Cooling" is the difference?
could i get a pic of the other side of your engine just like this one but other side.....im trying to put my truck somewhat back together....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx