What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I loaned my truck to a neighbor for his work as a carpenter. He was unable to break it, which is good. If a vehicle loaned out comes back broken, its not the borrowers fault. To make a car/truck reliable, try loaning it to people and see if they can break it.
My boss/ company owner borrows my truck all the time lol hasnt broke it yet....

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Took it up in the mountains with the wife & puppies to cut a Christmas tree. She ran like a top!

Attachments

• 20231210_121551.jpg
    20231210_121551.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 34

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Nice tree.....No snow???? Son, Tony, was up to McCall(100 miles) this weekend. Stayed at our cabin and went out Saturday afternoon and cut a tree. Said they were in 8 inches at the tree site and about 3-4 at the cabin. Cabin sits at 6000 feet elevation. We have no snow here at home.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Fired it up yesterday and sadly the radiator I switched out was leaking. Wtf! So both have leaks. Guess I'm just gonna go ahead and put in a new aluminum one with electric fans. Was hoping this one would work but oh well. It's really the only thing holding me back from driving it more. Any suggestions fir this? Brand that y'all have used that works well? Tia

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Fired it up yesterday and sadly the radiator I switched out was leaking. Wtf! So both have leaks. Guess I'm just gonna go ahead and put in a new aluminum one with electric fans. Was hoping this one would work but oh well. It's really the only thing holding me back from driving it more. Any suggestions fir this? Brand that y'all have used that works well? Tia
Sorry to hear that, bud. FWIW, I just ordered a Cold Case (@bluex seemed to endorse it as well) after mine started leaking, since Derek Bieri and Steve Dulcich seem to use and swear by them. It arrives in a couple days. If you use “vicegrip “ in the coupon code it’ll get you free shipping at the Cold Case website, which is cheaper than Summit free shipping since Cold Case didn’t charge me sales tax. HTH. I’ll post up some actual pictures when it shows up.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
rock auto cheap but good

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
To throw another option out there, I went with the Spectra CU730 direct replacement for a factory big block truck. Got the upper mount and pads from LMC, the shroud from Tejas Steelworks and a couple Spal fans off Amazon. I wanted a rad I could get replacements for from the parts store if need be over one of the fancy aluminum ones. It's been great for 35k miles now

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
To throw another option out there, I went with the Spectra CU730 direct replacement for a factory big block truck. Got the upper mount and pads from LMC, the shroud from Tejas Steelworks and a couple Spal fans off Amazon. I wanted a rad I could get replacements for from the parts store if need be over one of the fancy aluminum ones. It's been great for 35k miles now
Spectra Premium CU730 Complete Radiator https://a.co/d/7yzooAl

This one?

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@82sbshortbed the Cold Case showed up today. I don’t know if it works the best or if it’s the best deal, but it sure is a work of art.

You must be registered for see images attach

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
@82sbshortbed the Cold Case showed up today. I don’t know if it works the best or if it’s the best deal, but it sure is a work of art.

Where'd you get that? She's a looker!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Found my transmission fluid leak, it's the shifter. Did some research and it's real common for the stock Tremec shifter to leak when in the forward position of the rear mount. It's a bad design, there's no good fix. So there's $400 down the drain for a new shifter, gonna order the one from Tick Performance as well as their splash sheild. Then drove it to lunch and filled 'er up. Need to wash it bad but it's too cold and windy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000