What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
All the parts are on, only thing left to do is make all the lights work again, put the bumper on, and then I can finally turn some rubber down the road. Can't wait to get it all wrapped up
You must be registered for see images attach
I love the late 50s tailgate! My dad's first pickup was a '56 GMC short bed stepside. He customized it, and put an aluminum cover over the logo though.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Started engine assembly finally. Very glad I got a pushrod checker because the originals are too long for my application. On top of that, need to find a timing gear puller and need to figure out m cam button situation, as it isn't quite fitting into the cam gear. Or is it? As my brother has decided to start building an extension to the garage loft.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
All the parts are on, only thing left to do is make all the lights work again, put the bumper on, and then I can finally turn some rubber down the road. Can't wait to get it all wrapped up
Wow, that turned out nice!!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Plugged the heater hose outlet or inlet. Then filled it up and ran it up to 165. Then took it around the block to warm it up some more and see if it leaks after building pressure.

Question, why did it not build pressure? The top hose wasn't tight. No leaks as far as I could tell and temp was 190. Seems to run about 170 in town no getting on it. I left it running in the driveway to see any leaks. None and that's when it got to 190. Could easily squeeze top hose.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Wow!! @GMC_Nick Excellent work. Truck is looking sweeeeeeet dude! I hope you are glad you went out and did this.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Plugged the heater hose outlet or inlet. Then filled it up and ran it up to 165. Then took it around the block to warm it up some more and see if it leaks after building pressure.

Question, why did it not build pressure? The top hose wasn't tight. No leaks as far as I could tell and temp was 190. Seems to run about 170 in town no getting on it. I left it running in the driveway to see any leaks. None and that's when it got to 190. Could easily squeeze top hose.
@82shortbed 190 is a normal temp while running. What is your concern? I may have missed a point you brought up...

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Swapping bodies on the Chevy chassis has some challenges. I've already solved the saddle tank delete with a Blazer tank. Soon I'll have to figure out the radiator. In the meantime my gauges came in and this is the new set in the dash housing for the M37.

The speedo is a GPS unit so if I change gearing or tire size the speed indicated will be accurate.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

maybe your rad cap is junk

Johnny Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic
Engine Size
‘85 Grille on an ‘84 ? Well why not… Still searching for that ‘83-‘84 GMC Grille ! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
You aren't the only one looking for that grill. Mine isn't noticeably broken, but does have a couple broken mounting tabs.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
@82shortbed 190 is a normal temp while running. What is your concern? I may have missed a point you brought up...
Just wondering why it never builds pressure. It's not running hot just does not build pressure in the top hose. No leaks as far as I know to relieve pressure. But I can squeeze top hose really easy.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
I see cap tester adapters for both sizes in there

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Squirted the top, interior tomorrow with orange. Amazingly only one bug found the sticky paint. Some orange peel but what can you expect painting outdoors at 55F.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 33

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
I had a great day. Cutting and splicing the two cabs together for the body swap... and never really knowing if the vision was going to work as it seemed in my head. A week of work with no sure outcome... and the possibility of ruining the cab parts I need to have.

But today it all came together. The firewall fits, the floor will fit with a little tweaking, and the body mounts will be where they should be so the steering column, brake pedal, and accelerator all fit without having to be modified.

WHOOP, WHOOP!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04