What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
Installed my Forever Sharp steering wheel, along with new instrument bezel. Added factory clock. Shiny new air registers really set it off. Totally love it!

You must be registered for see images attach

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Fiddle-fartin' with this '82 GMC grille. 3M structural adhesive & threaded rod, along with a donor '87 grille that also was busted. Maybe it'll look better than the beginning product.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Changed the spark plugs today. Was running OK, just something to do. When I pulled them out, looked like they were rust colored. After some searching, apparently it’s from octane boost, which I do run. Also, from manganese additive that they put in gas these days.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Installed my Forever Sharp steering wheel, along with new instrument bezel. Added factory clock. Shiny new air registers really set it off. Totally love it!

One of my many favorite things about squares is the instrument panel design. I love the round gauges and the wrap around effect. To me, it’s where other trucks just can’t compete.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Finally had some time, for those doing a restore pay close attention routing things while the cab is off especially if you change motors and fuel systems, or failed to take a picture of everything before you stripped it. Spent the day moving, and wrapping fuel lines. If I had continued and had a leak it would have been a nightmare trying to fix anything.

I couldn't see or get to that union and I actually removed a few potential leak points re-doing that mess.

Heat wrap installed both sides. I do have a conundrum if someone with a 73-75 can look for me where does this gromet go on the rear portion of the lighting harness? I didn't remove it when I refurbished the harness.

That gromet is on the portion that goes to all the rear lighting. It doesn't go thru the wheel tub and I'm at a loss here?

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Finally had some time, for those doing a restore pay close attention routing things while the cab is off especially if you change motors and fuel systems, or failed to take a picture of everything before you stripped it. Spent the day moving, and wrapping fuel lines. If I had continued and had a leak it would have been a nightmare trying to fix anything.

I couldn't see or get to that union and I actually removed a few potential leak points re-doing that mess.

Heat wrap installed both sides. I do have a conundrum if someone with a 73-75 can look for me where does this gromet go on the rear portion of the lighting harness? I didn't remove it when I refurbished the harness.

That gromet is on the portion that goes to all the rear lighting. It doesn't go thru the wheel tub and I'm at a loss here?
Disregard, i did get a picture and I guess I cleaned it up to much!

Attachments

• light plugs.jpg
    light plugs.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 39

Johnny Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic
Engine Size
I've done a budget LED headlight upgrade on my Square. I used Glass H4 housings, H4 LED bulbs, and Wiring harness socket adapters, all from Amazon.

They will work without the adapter sockets, but the high beam and low beams are reversed. I used the adapters to reverse the two wires for high and low beams on the two upper headlights, and unpinned one wire on the two lower lights that are high beam lights and also reversed/changed the wire position to get just high beams on the lower two lights.

I bought two different kinds of bulbs to use for the High only and the High/Low lights. I could have easily used the same bulbs for both, but was being cheap for the High only since I use them less often. I can tell no difference in the quality of the lights with either style bulb. I assume the cheaper ones won't last as long, but who knows. Both have cooling fans.

Check out the pics below. Look at the difference the Top Lights are the new LEDs, the bottom lights are the original bulbs.

All in about $110. VERY happy with the results. The Holley headlight setup will run you about $800 including tax.

wire adapters, two sets:

Glass Headlight lenses, two sets:

Cheap bulbs for high beams:

More expensive bulbs for the Hi/Low beams:

Here's a youtube video, I used the same lenses and upper bulbs as video;
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• Headlights 1.jpg
    Headlights 1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Headlights 2.jpg
    Headlights 2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Headlights 3.jpg
    Headlights 3.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Headlights 4.jpg
    Headlights 4.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Changed the spark plugs today. Was running OK, just something to do. When I pulled them out, looked like they were rust colored. After some searching, apparently it’s from octane boost, which I do run. Also, from manganese additive that they put in gas these days.
Interesting looking plug ,What heads do you have? Camels?

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Swapped the stock steering wheel for an old one from a 77 Camaro I used to have to get a feel for a smaller wheel before I decide on something new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lepak