What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Right, I'm the same way. Definitely stay away from o'rings (anything rubber) and ch steal.
I have all my Lifetime Warranty, Sears Craftsman sockets and ratchets my Dad slowly bought for me over Christmas's too, lol.
Yeah it's sad that you can't even get a American made truck without half it being made in China old school trucks just built different:cool:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Honestly i think id have done the whole truck black. That looks GOOD!!

Blasphemy!!! If a vehicle left the factory painted such a nice color as Safety Lime, leaving it that color is the RIGHT thing to do, lol.

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
Original fuel line fitting/pump got cross threaded replacing the motor mounts. New pump and reflared line with new fitting to stop the leak. Afterwords she got a bath and a nighttime cruise with the wife. :) Still have to do the oil pan gasket and possible timing chain but not opening that can of worms just yet,

You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Original fuel line fitting/pump got cross threaded replacing the motor mounts. New pump and reflared line with new fitting to stop the leak. Afterwords she got a bath and a nighttime cruise with the wife. :) Still have to do the oil pan gasket and possible timing chain but not opening that can of worms just yet,

Awesome photo!

Headlight aim may need some work.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Today I took the truck out to dial in the kick down cable adjustment. Got it nice and warm and then adjusted the idle mixture by vacuum gauge. Kind of. The right screw on the Edelbrock AVS is easy to dial in, the left side is much less obvious where it wants to be. Then got the hood ornament holes drilled and mounted. Yeah, ordering color matched paint in a rattle can doesn’t cover well. So, now instead of a 50/50 truck, it’s a 45/45 job. (Meaning ot looks good at 45 feet and 45mph). But at least I don’t have to stare at those huge dents in the front lip anymore. So we’ll just go ahead and ignore the paint and continue saving for the professional respray.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Drove it home last Sunday, to the exhaust shop Monday, picked it up from the exhaust shop Tuesday. Drove it home Tuesday, then back to work Wednesday. We tuned it a little more Wednesday (tuner said keep it under 4500 until it's broken in and we can tune it with the wideband for WOT) and then loaded up and drove to C10 Fall Revival and back this weekend. Almost 950mi on the new setup without a glitch :banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario::banana-mario: Now to change the oil and trans fluid, do a nut and bolt, tuner comes back Thursday or Friday and she's ready to head cross country to Dino's.

Baron

Reaction score
First Name
LeBaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 6000
Engine Size
What steering wheel is that? Looks like a bit older than the rest of the interior....but it looks good!
It's the stock wheel. Seems like GM carried some things over on these medium duty trucks, such as the small rear window.

Baron

Reaction score
First Name
LeBaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 6000
Engine Size
That wheel needs a horn ring... and 3 note horns to match! Looks like a period correct medium duty truck wheel.

That's exactlky what it is. 1976 GMC 6000. Only 12,000 miles on the retired fire engine.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
That's exactlky what it is. 1976 GMC 6000. Only 12,000 miles on the retired fire engine.
Beautiful truck! I want one.

Yes, I knew I was safe with my statement. We had a lot of GMCs in the fleet in the '70s and '80s. Many man lift trucks were on that chassis and a few others like this flatbed with a knuckle boom.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I'm getting ready to put this GMC back together. The I/P has decided to work & I'm tired of pushing it around. I've driven it around some & I'm looking forward to another IDI Detroit. This is the first half-ton I've had though. The "un-obtanium" grille is the next project.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising