What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Gus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20 3/4 ton
Engine Size
454ci/7.4L
Jambs cut in don't look too close you'll see all my runs

You must be registered for see images attach
I admire you guys who do body work. I've been wondering if I should tackle the big rust spots and prime, or just wait until we're ready to take to a body shop?

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Old girl got a ride down the road instead of getting the Roadkill treatment for the short ride. Mrs Radiohead has AAA and they did us a solid by bending the roadside thing slightly.

I use AAA for that kind of stuff all the time. Couple years ago I called AAA to grab one of my new project vehicles. It was a 91 Grand Wagoneer with no engine or transmission. When I called AAA I told them it seems like the engine was 'missing'. The tow guy thought it was the most hilarious thing he'd ever heard and had no problem with it whatsoever. He's getting paid regardless.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Got the whole suburban roof covered with dynamat. All I gotta say is I'd rather be busting rivets out of frames lolol. What a pain in the ass, the roof braces made it a slight challenge, more annoying than anything. I thought I was doing the whole roof in one night...HAHA what an IDIOT! I got halfway through the first sheet and my arms were dyin lol. I finished two the first night, did one sheet quick another night, then I just did the last two sheets last night.

24x48 is the perfect size, unfortunately you can only get that size in a 9 sheet pack. 5 sheets almost perfectly covered the entire roof. If I woulda taken more time to get minimal overlap it would have been perfect, but no worries.

Before this, any kind of rainstorm it was SO loud inside, couldn't have a normal conversation. Now it's easy to have a normal conversation in a downpour. Huge difference in sound and temp. I gained decibels(sound system) and i lowered decibles(ambient noise). Single layer roofs are the devil. I hope I never have to build another suburban again lol. If I do itll be a barn door.

I appreciate you posting this. I'm considering doing the same thing with Noico. Did you put anything over top of that? My focus is a little more about keeping heat in than sound out though.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I appreciate you posting this. I'm considering doing the same thing with Noico. Did you put anything over top of that? My focus is a little more about keeping heat in than sound out though.
Not yet. I will be most likely doing the dyanaliner, it's a closed cell foam, I already have done a chunk of my floor with both and the temp and sound suppression is impressive.

GMC_Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350 sbc
I admire you guys who do body work. I've been wondering if I should tackle the big rust spots and prime, or just wait until we're ready to take to a body shop?
It's my first time painting, bought a tarp car port, some lights and a heater. Just making it happen, it won't be a show winner but pull in a cars and coffee after picking up some block and wood that's all I need. Keeping the rust off and getting it one color the best I can and I'll be smiling all down the road. I should be flinging some paint on panels this week so we'll see how it goes

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
finally installed the headers that have been sitting under the bench for about a year now.

Attachments

• CIMG2037.JPG
    CIMG2037.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 25

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
No re-gerts at all lol feels like a hot wheels truck now turned out great used a hf sprayer and some mystery Rust-Oleum enamel

The first pictures kinda made me cringe... but seeing it out in the light makes all the difference. Very cool!

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
changed out the wheel studs that were too short fronts were simple press in the rears I had to drill and cut to size

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
The first pictures kinda made me cringe... but seeing it out in the light makes all the difference. Very cool!
Thanks I can say pictures not doing it justice it came out clean no runs nice sharp lines it's a old truck and didn't want to cover it up but have been thinking about this flame job for close to a year now and after seeing that ratrod c10 with flames a few weeks ago I knew I had to send it worse case I have to spray the cab and the chicks already love it lol

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
It's was also my first time using a sprayer personally I give it a 69outta10 :rotflmao: I left all the dings and chips and can still see my Frankenstein welds where I section 3in from the fenders plenty of original patina on to the next project :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx