What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I have been looking for this package all week. Looks like I have a project lined up for Saturday! The shocks on my truck currently are probably from the late 90's-early aughts, estimated... I will be posting pics frombthe job.
You must be registered for see images attach

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
changed the oil last weekend and today added 7 oz gear oil to rear.

With winter coming I gotta figure out the washer fluid tank leaking. It's a new dorman, but still leaks where the pump goes in the tank. Might just mount the pump to the fender and run a hose in thru the cap and JB weld the hole at the bottom. Tired of messin with it lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
New led headlights old glass ones literally fell apart when I took the ring off so it was just in time almost dark here so I'll get to test them out in a bit
Same ones i have in my daily driver s10! Love em. Got mine cheap on ebay.

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
Ever wonder how much oil goes through an LS’s PCV system? I’ve got a catch can on order :eek:

On your grille, did you buy a replacement that was blank, and add on the GMC emblem separately? It looks good and I was considering doing the same on mine. I cannot find an '83 replacement.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Trucks been running great the last few weeks once I got my AFR gauge installed and tuned the carb. Filled up my tank yesterday and this morning I came around the corner on my way to work and the engine just shut off :banghead:

Pulled it off into a parking lot and messed with it a bit and it tried to start a bit and then died again... last time it did this my Carter fuel pump had snapped the end off inside the pump body...

Had my wife give me a ride to work and I'll take her suburban back over to the parking lot this evening to do some basic troubleshooting and hopefully get it back up and running. Most likely either the fuel pump or ignition module just gave up. I've got some known good spare modules and coils and the pump is still under warranty, so if it crapped out I can always just swap it out real quick for a free replacement at autozone. We'll see, but at least this didn't happen in the middle of nowhere, at night, on my way to/from stalking some elk.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
Trucks been running great the last few weeks once I got my AFR gauge installed and tuned the carb. Filled up my tank yesterday and this morning I came around the corner on my way to work and the engine just shut off :banghead:

Pulled it off into a parking lot and messed with it a bit and it tried to start a bit and then died again... last time it did this my Carter fuel pump had snapped the end off inside the pump body...

Had my wife give me a ride to work and I'll take her suburban back over to the parking lot this evening to do some basic troubleshooting and hopefully get it back up and running. Most likely either the fuel pump or ignition module just gave up. I've got some known good spare modules and coils and the pump is still under warranty, so if it crapped out I can always just swap it out real quick for a free replacement at autozone. We'll see, but at least this didn't happen in the middle of nowhere, at night, on my way to/from stalking some elk.
way to see the silver lining. On the other hand, if you were actually out in the middle of stalking elk, it would be a better spot to have to spend some time.
I hope you get it fixed quickly.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
way to see the silver lining. On the other hand, if you were actually out in the middle of stalking elk, it would be a better spot to have to spend some time.
I hope you get it fixed quickly.
I only say that because that's exactly what happened the last time. I was coming back from the stalking spot since it was past dusk.. middle of the hunt week. Engine just shut off. Thankfully one of the other guys from my camp drove by a few minutes later and we pulled the truck up the logging road to camp. Spent a few days trying to troubleshoot it in the rain before we just decided to come back with a trailer and haul it home after the hunt was over.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
I only say that because that's exactly what happened the last time. I was coming back from the stalking spot since it was past dusk.. middle of the hunt week. Engine just shut off. Thankfully one of the other guys from my camp drove by a few minutes later and we pulled the truck up the logging road to camp. Spent a few days trying to troubleshoot it in the rain before we just decided to come back with a trailer and haul it home after the hunt was over.
yeah, I wouldn't want that interrupting my hunt, nor having to wrench out there in the rain. Coming back to trailer it home wouldn't be a happy trip either. Let us know what happened this time.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
The Saturday project got started a little early. Installed the front shocks this afternoon. Putting the rear on in the morning.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8