What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubDominant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7L
I’d argue that DW has contributing factors that involve any and all front end components as well as caster. Especially spring bushings.
Bad shocks or stabilizer won’t cause DW and imo there is a small chance they could partially mask the real causes but who’d want to do that.
I agree. I believe tire condition - dry rotted, old, and even larger than your steering can handle - will contribute as well.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
I agree. I believe tire condition - dry rotted, old, and even larger than your steering can handle - will contribute as well.
Yup they are 7.5r16 and who knows how old new bushings came in today tires just have to wait for a bit pretty limited on size I can run on the duals+being a cab and chassis truck I don't want to use spacers so 235/85r16 is what I'm looking for

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630-145529.png
    Screenshot_20230630-145529.png
    604.4 KB · Views: 28

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Put the 84 on ramps to change starter. I know I went and got it inspected before I changed it. It was starting good until today. Had to wack it so I might as well go ahead and put the new one on.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Instructions for it. Handy
Actually that’s pretty cool. I know the starter my my dad’s 74 GMC sounded horrible, like a horse trying to die.

The “drive” I went on ended up being a fail. The fan clutch I bought is junk. NAPA heavy duty unit. Started climbing right away to 210, then a little above before I could pull over and get it shut off. I verified I had the fan on the right way.

I let it cool down a bit, started it and when the engine is hot at idle, it spun slow and lazy, like I could almost grab it.

So I got it to my friend’s house around the corner, and he brought me back home to grab the one I’d tossed. Put it in and drove home without an issue.

What a piece of ****.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Actually that’s pretty cool. I know the starter my my dad’s 74 GMC sounded horrible, like a horse trying to die.

The “drive” I went on ended up being a fail. The fan clutch I bought is junk. NAPA heavy duty unit. Started climbing right away to 210, then a little above before I could pull over and get it shut off. I verified I had the fan on the right way.

I let it cool down a bit, started it and when the engine is hot at idle, it spun slow and lazy, like I could almost grab it.

So I got it to my friend’s house around the corner, and he brought me back home to grab the one I’d tossed. Put it in and drove home without an issue.

What a piece of ****.
Try and get a Severe duty fan clutch one step above HD

I am PMS

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Just bought it. Factory 454 auto 4:11. New quadrajet, New 3" Hookers, copper gaskets, 3" straight out back, oval tips, New seat, seat belts, shop going over all mechanicals. Smog pump gone.

80k original miles.

I may be able to drive it on my vacation. I can't wait to make it roar.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size

What a piece of ****.
I used NAPA parts for a long time. Usually great parts, but a little more $$.
Lately, their stuff is not as good and still pricey.
(The local NAPA has only one guy who has a clue about anything. Of course he's always off when I go there)
Got frustrated at them for the new/rebuilt front calipers I recently bought.........
Took them to O'Reilly's and traded them as cores for better new ones.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Just finished the last load of hay for the farm yesterday. Man that stuff is as bad as sand. Between doing that after work, and work the cab looked like a homeless guy had been living it. Bits of hay everywhere, empty cups and napkins, it was gross. So I didn't get to do the body of the truck yet, but I did clean up and detail the interior. Lubed the door hinges, and treated the seals with silicone.

Sorry the pics aren't better the sun was hitting it just right to mess with them.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Picked up this color appropriate, genuine vinyl, possibly vintage tool pouch for the square. He was asking $10 got it for $5. Going to use high powered magnets instead of drilling holes.

A quick wipe with Weiman leather cleaner and boom.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

What a piece of ****.

I used NAPA parts for a long time. Usually great parts, but a little more $$.
Lately, their stuff is not as good and still pricey.
(The local NAPA has only one guy who has a clue about anything. Of course he's always off when I go there)
Got frustrated at them for the new/rebuilt front calipers I recently bought.........
Took them to O'Reilly's and traded them as cores for better new ones.

Get a Hayden fan clutch and don't look back.
NAPA fan clutches are made by Hayden. Hayden has moved most of it's production to china, as such the quality is really hit and miss now.

A/C delco still makes them but the last one I bought was about $150. I was just happy that it worked correctly!
A/C delco standard duty # 15-80245
A/C delco severe duty #15-4949

Orielly's can order direct from A/C Delco, you just have to find a counterman that knows how.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
NAPA fan clutches are made by Hayden. Hayden has moved most of it's production to china, as such the quality is really hit and miss now.

A/C delco still makes them but the last one I bought was about $150. I was just happy that it worked correctly!
A/C delco standard duty # 15-80245
A/C delco severe duty #15-4949

Orielly's can order direct from A/C Delco, you just have to find a counterman that knows how.
In a moment of weakness, I stopped by O’Reilleys and bought one of theirs. The severe duty that I purchased from NAPA that was junk, was the same that O’s was selling in a different box. Same part number even.

So I went down a notch to the Heavy Duty and drove it in traffic this morning. Problem solved. If it too fails, I’ll take your advice on ordering an original AC Delco unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man