What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Quick preview of what it may look like once you remove the windshield.
Note before poking around under the windshield gasket I could see no holes and only 2 little rust spots.
Good news was it rusted from the outside-in, so the cancer hadn’t really spread past the actual holes hardly at all.
You must be registered for see images attach

The yellow arrows were what I was originally planning to cut out.
Ended up taking out much smaller which was a good thing.

This was on an otherwise, literally 100% rust free truck. Like every single factory bolt I removed anywhere came right out like it was just installed last month. Bed bolts and everything. Not even a spec of paint bubbling on the body.
Had to do a few patches on the rear window frame along the bottom as well.
I had to completely reconstruct the window channel on my 77 Cadillac, it was bad, bad, I had to cut out 3/4 of it and rebuild. My square I was lucky, there was some surface rust that had to be dealt with but otherwise it was fine. I do however cringe whenever I see a tiny bit of rust near the windshield seal on a vehicle or worse yet a vinyl top!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Quick preview of what it may look like once you remove the windshield.
Note before poking around under the windshield gasket I could see no holes and only 2 little rust spots.
Good news was it rusted from the outside-in, so the cancer hadn’t really spread past the actual holes hardly at all.

The yellow arrows were what I was originally planning to cut out.
Ended up taking out much smaller which was a good thing.

This was on an otherwise, literally 100% rust free truck. Like every single factory bolt I removed anywhere came right out like it was just installed last month. Bed bolts and everything. Not even a spec of paint bubbling on the body.
Had to do a few patches on the rear window frame along the bottom as well.
I just ordered new windshield seals and chrome trim for mine. Mine looks “rust free “ completely on the outside, hopefully there’s no demons waiting for me.

Honestly that’s kind of shocking. It is strange how some trucks rust in one place, and completely rust free in others, and yet another truck will rust in a completely opposite area in similar conditions.

My rockers have some rust but except for one pinhole on the passenger side, haven’t gone through. Yet everything else underneath is in amazing condition.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Cab is on the frame! As usual had a hurdle but nothing major.

Back in the garage where all the parts are close by.

shout out to ORD, Twin stick and zero cuts on the hump panel.

Trying to figure out what to tackle next, guess we will see! Other pictures on the build!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had to completely reconstruct the window channel on my 77 Cadillac, it was bad, bad, I had to cut out 3/4 of it and rebuild. My square I was lucky, there was some surface rust that had to be dealt with but otherwise it was fine. I do however cringe whenever I see a tiny bit of rust near the windshield seal on a vehicle or worse yet a vinyl top!
Yeah I never thought there’d be that much rust on such a clean truck. But luckily it literally looked worse than it was. But still spent a couple days just cutting and patching in pieces. Much worse though and I’d have had a mess with the windshield gasket lip.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Cab is on the frame! As usual had a hurdle but nothing major.

Back in the garage where all the parts are close by.

shout out to ORD, Twin stick and zero cuts on the hump panel.

Trying to figure out what to tackle next, guess we will see! Other pictures on the build!
Lookin good! Coil over shocks?

Backyard

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
started my rebuild 6.0 In my squarebody for the first time. Few minor hitches but over all went well.
Minor fuel leak at fuel filter.
#8 injector not fully plugged in
Fuel pump connector.

rebuilt the motor in my garage and did my own harness. Rock on

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
loaded up 4 bags of molded drywall to haul off this morning. Today loaded up 1 big bag of spray in insulation from said walls, along with a recliner.

As for work on the truck, can't remember if I posted or not, but I painted the camper shell, installed, and has since turned into a "tent" for the grandkids to play in lol.

I did find a little bolt on lamp in the corner of the camper shell. It's black with a plastic bulb fixture that you can release and pull it out about 20'. I'll get some pics tomorrow pending wife b#$%^ at me to get on the drywall install.

Also, an neighbor dropped off a bug deflector he didn't need. May need help finding a home if someone wants it locally.

Last edited:

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
yea I have been running those load leveler Munroe's on all fours for a long time.
How's the ride thought about trying these out also sweet build loving the green

Follow up on the DW I got the new stabilizer in today and drove on the roughest roads nearby and the problems solved(old one looks original and was toast and would drop a inch or so then catch) the new rc was definitely a beefy upgrade still waiting on bushings shocks and tires are high on my list

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230629-171559.png
    Screenshot_20230629-171559.png
    799.6 KB · Views: 25

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
W
How's the ride thought about trying these out also sweet build loving the green

Follow up on the DW I got the new stabilizer in today and drove on the roughest roads nearby and the problems solved(old one looks original and was toast and would drop a inch or so then catch) the new rc was definitely a beefy upgrade still waiting on bushings shocks and tires are high on my list
With the stock front OEM 3 leaf springs it rides just like every other Square little springier. Will see with the LS in it but the weight difference between motors isn't very much.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
loaded up 4 bags of molded drywall to haul off this morning. Today loaded up 1 big bag of spray in insulation from said walls, along with a recliner.

As for work on the truck, can't remember if I posted or not, but I painted the camper shell, installed, and has since turned into a "tent" for the grandkids to play in lol.

I did find a little bolt on lamp in the corner of the camper shell. It's black with a plastic bulb fixture that you can release and pull it out about 20'. I'll get some pics tomorrow pending wife b#$%^ at me to get on the drywall install.

Also, an neighbor dropped off a bug deflector he didn't need. May need help finding a home if someone wants it locally.

Wow that truck is looking nicer everytime you post a pic of it!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
New fan clutch day, old one I discovered had a ton of to/fro wobble to it, completely shot. Don’t know if those things ever let loose, but I wouldn’t want to be in front of that Skil saw blade when it let go.

Then I re-torqued all the suspension bolts. Hoping for a drive shortly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06