What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Got the starter in this morning. Laying in the gravel parking area on the farm in a rain storm. I came in the house wet everywhere. I tried to lay on a piece of cardboard but it was futile. I did not take any pictures under the truck BC it was so wet, but I did take some of the starter before installation.

You must be registered for see images attach

After installation I twisted the key and could not believe how much quicker the engine turns over now. I knew the old one was tried I just didn't realize how tired!

I am getting just a little bit whine or whatever you want to call the crank noise that sometimes occurs with these starters. It's not terrible and I could probably get away with just leaving it, but it's there. Of course all my chevy starter shims are at the shop. I probably need to install 1 of the thinnest shims I think they are 1/64th or something like that. Well I'll pull the cover off the bellhousing and do the paper clip trick.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
New headlights switch and pigtail came in today.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Today I installed the Summit transmission crossmember. Nice piece, it’ll allow the exhaust to tuck up nice and tight for the lowering and GOOD LORD WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS GOING ON WITH THE EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLE ROUTING HERE. Sheesh, makes me wish for the more simple way they did it on our old 3100.

AceHanlon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Got it back together after some touch ups. Cleaned up and ready to roll…

That woodgrain is absolutely stunning.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Weather so nice yesterday, i decided to was my truck. First time in about a year and a half, maybe 2.
Looks pretty good for an old girl.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Woke my truck up from it's winter nap yesterday. Installed Retrobright headlight. I'm considering installing the wiring adapter to light up all 4 lights on low beam.

Did you letter those tires with the yellow or did they come like that?

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I got out in the garage and replaced the 43s AC Delco plugs with 45s. Probably still don’t have the Edelbrock carb right- seems rich in some spots and lean in others according to the plugs. But it’s the band aid for now.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Also got the new front Cooper Cobras in a narrower width to prepare to get her lowered with the 4/6 plan.

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Well, haven't had it on the road yet, but it feels pretty good on the hard vinyl seat, probably good on cloth. I bet it would be easy to glue a sprue or put in a long toggle bolt through the back and then secure it through the seat gap. Might fit on the hump of my 2wd and could put some velcro or deck tape on the bottom for insurance also. If you look at the Igloo it has a big arch in the bottom, the cup holders are elevated and no good way to lap belt it down. I just don't trust it as much when there will be fresh carpet and upholstery present but it was considered.

I decided to be a copycat. Thanks for the inspiration @Soundmound ......

I don't have it secured with a seatbelt, and don't really see the need honestly. It stays put pretty well. Makes a good armrest too!

I found this red/white (gray?) cooler with the tray on ebay, and pulled the trigger. I'm really not sure what I want to do with the interior yet, but the seat cover is just temporary until I decide which route to go with the seat upholstery.

StickyLifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Screw You Homophobes
Truck Year
N/A
Truck Model
N/A
Engine Size
N/A
Did you letter those tires with the yellow or did they come like that?
I bought some "Black Magic" tire cleaner last summer. It turned the letters yellow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub