What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Grit Dog, as a good test of how well you've done, you'll need to drive it over here to Pasco and back. Of course while your here you can take a look at my rig and help me get it running again. ;)
Sounds like fun! At the rate I’m going I’ll be lucky to get it on the road by July…but at least that provides time to get the home equity loan secured to fuel it up for the road trip!
What wrong why your truck won’t run?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looks amazing! Getting the windshield in can be tuff, butt it's such a satisfying job when finished and a serious milestone for you, congrats!
I did ding up the chrome lock strips on both the front and back windows. Little disappointed but again f it. Looks good from your house!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
removed the door moulding from the replacement passenger door and used the 3M wheel to get rid of the sticky and the pinstrips. Sanded with 80 grit. 120/220 and primer coming tomorrow. Also dug out the spare dash and threw some more total boat on the front by the window.

Also ordered some Monroe Load Adjusting shocks for the rear. Hopefully it doesn't mess with the rake on the truck. It's pretty level now and I like the stance it has. May have to return to Amazon if it lifts it too much......then call Monroe to figure out what size I need.
finally installed the coil overs on the rear. Man those old shocks were bad. Rides like a dream now.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Sounds like fun! At the rate I’m going I’ll be lucky to get it on the road by July…but at least that provides time to get the home equity loan secured to fuel it up for the road trip!
What wrong why your truck won’t run?
I decided to address the clicking valves and after doing my first ever valve adjustment it won't start. I've since redone the adjustment 3 times using different methods with no luck. I'll eventually figure it out but I haven't had a Saturday off for quite a while between work and family outings.

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
I did ding up the chrome lock strips on both the front and back windows. Little disappointed but again f it. Looks good from your house!
Looks freaking amazing from my house grit!
My burb has 12 pieces of glass in total so getting everything in without damaging anything (especially the paint) really feels monumental. Congrats man i know how much time,money and dedication it takes to complete a job like yours.

Last edited:

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’ve been needing to do this for a couple of weeks but it’s been to stinking hot. With the cool temps we’ve had the last couple of days, today I pulled the fun tires off & put the drivers back on. There’s enough tread left for next year’s event so they’ll be put in storage.
You must be registered for see images attach

Finished up by scrubbing the winter filth off the floor. Hoping by doing so we’ll finally get enough rain sometime to mess it back up again.

Rich Adams

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Chasing wires under the dash of my ‘76 Jimmy. It’s a hack job from hel…heck! For some reason I have to use a toggle switch to power up the ignition switch and can’t find the culprit causing this work-a-round.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I drove mine. I am so happy to have finally (I think) put my ignition troubles behind me that my son and I drove it around and enjoyed it.

Of course it did end up moving a few pieces of firewood...

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Picked up an engine today for my 86 Sierra. A 1985 L98 350. Should be a sweet little engine when I'm done with it. Gonna do a quick at home rebuild, and throw all my old goodies back on it, nothing fancy. I've missed my 86 so bad, time to get it back.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I decided to address the clicking valves and after doing my first ever valve adjustment it won't start. I've since redone the adjustment 3 times using different methods with no luck. I'll eventually figure it out but I haven't had a Saturday off for quite a while between work and family outings.
Ah bummer dude.
I could help ya probably. But I was probably 20 years old last time I adjusted valves on a hydraulic lifter engine. That was 30 years ago....lol
If it's running, I always did it while running. Cut the top off of a junk valve cover and go to town, no mess.
Not running, start with everything a little loose and go in firing order. IE #1 turn until exh pushrod move a little, means intake is closed, adjust intake until no slop and a little resistance when you roll the pushrod between your fingers. Then go to intake stroke, when intake valve starts to move exh is guaranteed closed and adjust that one. And work your way around the motor. From what I recall.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I nut and bolted mine Friday. About 2 months ago, me/brother/dad were just looking under the hood discussing something (can't remember) and my brother goes "Oh ****! You're about to lose a motor mount bolt!". I thought he meant one of the big ones from the mount to the clamshell and panicked a little. Turns out, it was just one of the 4 that bolts the mount to the block lol. No biggie. So I put that back with some locktight, checked the others, tightened some of the exhaust clamps and fixed a loose bolt on the T/A rear diff cover.

About a month ago, the day after I got back from Pro Touring Truck Shootout in Kentucky, the truck made a weird noise when I started it up that morning. Was definitely coming from the middle where the motor/trans bolt together and kinda sounded like a loose bolt/cracked flexplate/something like that. Only did it that morning and the next and would go away once it warmed up. It's been parked at work ever since and I can't get to do it on flat ground (my driveway slopes down and I always back in so the truck was facing uphill when it made the noise). So next on the list is to bar the motor over while I look through the inspection hole for anything weird on the flexplate/torque converter. If I find something then I'm pulling the motor since I need to reseal the oil pan too. Oh and the water pump decided to take a **** after only 16.5k miles :emotions122:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Thats a bummer man but you built it ground up. Bound to have a bolt r 2 loosen up. But water pump? Really? Was it a new one or old one on the motor?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
^Thats a bummer man but you built it ground up. Bound to have a bolt r 2 loosen up. But water pump? Really? Was it a new one or old one on the motor?
Yeah, I'm actually shocked I haven't had more loosen up/didn't find more loose. When I worked at a race shop, we nut and bolted after every 20min session on track and always found multiple things loose. The water pump was a brand new Gates I put on when I first put the motor in. I'm irritated that it failed so soon but it just gives me a reason to upgrade to the LS3/L99 WP/idler pulley relocator and get the neck to the driver's side for a shorter/cleaner hose routing. That'll also help make more room for my new intake tube I need to make.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
This is the quickest and easiest way I've found to set them properly. Make sure you back them all off a bit before starting the procedure, because you probably have them too tight right now.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te