What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Finally got off my duff and tightened the steering column bolts.

A little disappointed that there is a tad bit of slop in the tilt mechanism- probably where the tilt "teeth " grab the metal pin.

Oh, well, 42 years of wear does that.

Attachments

• 20220526_184106.jpg
    20220526_184106.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220526_184711.jpg
    20220526_184711.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220526_185426.jpg
    20220526_185426.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220526_190135.jpg
    20220526_190135.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220526_191618.jpg
    20220526_191618.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 56

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Yeah, I'm actually shocked I haven't had more loosen up/didn't find more loose. When I worked at a race shop, we nut and bolted after every 20min session on track and always found multiple things loose. The water pump was a brand new Gates I put on when I first put the motor in. I'm irritated that it failed so soon but it just gives me a reason to upgrade to the LS3/L99 WP/idler pulley relocator and get the neck to the driver's side for a shorter/cleaner hose routing. That'll also help make more room for my new intake tube I need to make.
Can you elaborate on the Relocator. Part #, pictures etc. plz!

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Finally getting to the fuel filter leak on my CUCV (been in Denver helping my son on a major remodel). Looks like someone already removed the water sensor and plugged it, so I am just going to replace tbe who!e darn thing with a spin on fi!ter. What should I do with the wires for tne water sensor and I guess the fuel heater?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Upper body wash and wax day.

Basically, the white and above got washed and waxed, and the wheels got a bath, too.

Bumpers and grille got ignored for now.

Still, about 3 hours worth of work .

Attachments

• 20220527_183737.jpg
    20220527_183737.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 42

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Rebuilt the top end of my TBI, including the fuel pressure regulator. The spray pattern was better and stronger and the motor definitely pulls a little longer, the power stays for a few more RPM. If nothing else, I made myself feel better. Those gaskets and that diaphragm have been in there since 1987.

Afterwards we took it out for a drive and ran across a friend of my favorite-ex-brother-in-law's. His Blazer is truly a work of art.

The fuel pressure regulator:

You must be registered for see images attach

The injectors after clean up with new screens installed:

A genuine work of art that doesn't belong to me:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Upper body wash and wax day.

Basically, the white and above got washed and waxed, and the wheels got a bath, too.

Bumpers and grille got ignored for now.

Still, about 3 hours worth of work .

Beautiful!!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Beautiful!!

Thank you !

:)

Pictures make her look better than real life, but, one step at a time!

Today's action was clean the brake shoes and drums and slightly readjust the drivers side shoes.

A little SOS pad with brake clean action on the drums along with some fine sanding of the shoes and drums followed by more brake clean.

These are the old drums - cleaned up fairly well from the rust.

:anitoof:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Took Friday off-ish (my truck is at work, so I was still available for issues/still checking emails) to give myself a 4 day weekend to work on all of my junk as well as detail my mom's car for her. Yesterday I found my noise from a few weeks back that I thought may be a cracked flywheel/loose crank or torque converter bolt. Turns out the bendix spring in the starter had given up so it let the bendix rest against the flywheel when the truck was nose up or accelerating. So relieved that's all it was :pepper:

While it was in the air I remounted my Derale trans cooler, clocked it at a better angle to scoop air. Now I just need to finish wiring up the fans on a relay and put the temp switch inline. Might have to remake my lines, not sure yet. Those bunjees are some I just picked up at HF that have carabiners on them and they were perfect for this!

So now she's sitting on the lift with some of the front drive off, rad out, AC comp and bracket off. Going to bring the hoist over tomorrow to pull the motor up enough to get the pan out and work on resealing that. This will be the 2nd attempt lol

Also figured out what I need for bolts to mount up my Left Coast 32 billet lower AC mount when I put the oil pan back on.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Took Friday off-ish (my truck is at work, so I was still available for issues/still checking emails) to give myself a 4 day weekend to work on all of my junk as well as detail my mom's car for her. Yesterday I found my noise from a few weeks back that I thought may be a cracked flywheel/loose crank or torque converter bolt. Turns out the bendix spring in the starter had given up so it let the bendix rest against the flywheel when the truck was nose up or accelerating. So relieved that's all it was :pepper:

While it was in the air I remounted my Derale trans cooler, clocked it at a better angle to scoop air. Now I just need to finish wiring up the fans on a relay and put the temp switch inline. Might have to remake my lines, not sure yet. Those bunjees are some I just picked up at HF that have carabiners on them and they were perfect for this!

So now she's sitting on the lift with some of the front drive off, rad out, AC comp and bracket off. Going to bring the hoist over tomorrow to pull the motor up enough to get the pan out and work on resealing that. This will be the 2nd attempt lol

Also figured out what I need for bolts to mount up my Left Coast 32 billet lower AC mount when I put the oil pan back on.
Yur truck is friggin cherry underneith!!

Bruce Wingate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've been trying to determine if my TCC is locking up. One of the issues I know I have is that the vacuum line is loose, so I went to two parts stores to find appropriate vacuum hose. Apparently, Advance is phasing out one supplier and not reordering stock. Got the hose hooked up but didn't test it.

I then charged the battery, because I left the lights on Friday night when I got home. The one thing that has me really spoiled from new cars is automatic headlights. I have to look for an auto-off mod.

The bulk of yesterday was spent "just changing the mirror and door handles" on the passenger door. I ended up taking out all the guts for the door. Getting the clip holding the rod that connects the outside door handle to the latch back on was a bear and cause all the problems. As a bonus, I fixed the vent window rubber trim to tuck under the door frame and scraped the old tint off both windows, but I still have to put the window solenoid kit in.

And did I mention - there was a nice thunderstorm while the windows were out.

Today I do the same thing with the driver's door and then try to put the solenoid kits in

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota