What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Only one I can imagine taking that long is U..1. I really like the few things i have gotten there but have cancelled several orders from them just to preserve my paypal refund rights. Dont advertise it if you dont have it in hand ready to ship when its paid for. A couple weeks I understand. 6 months I dont.
@goldie, is it The Truck Shop? I’ll say they weren’t very accommodating at all when they sent me the wrong parts. The solution would have cost me as much as eating the parts. And back order part they wouldn’t cancel after I waited a month or 2. Again, it would have been more effort than the part was worth. $10 gas tank anti squeak strips. I gave up waiting and used 2 strips of back to back roll roofing. Worked great and the parts showed up well after I’d solved the problem myself.
Chitty service for sure.
That said, I’d still use them. Price and quality of other parts I got was good.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Only one I can imagine taking that long is U..1. I really like the few things i have gotten there but have cancelled several orders from them just to preserve my paypal refund rights. Dont advertise it if you dont have it in hand ready to ship when its paid for. A couple weeks I understand. 6 months I dont.
I will never do bidness with these folks again if I can help it. Order placed, money taken, out of stock, we will keep your money. TFYW! Finally got a refund.
Eric

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
@goldie, is it The Truck Shop? I’ll say they weren’t very accommodating at all when they sent me the wrong parts. The solution would have cost me as much as eating the parts. And back order part they wouldn’t cancel after I waited a month or 2. Again, it would have been more effort than the part was worth. $10 gas tank anti squeak strips. I gave up waiting and used 2 strips of back to back roll roofing. Worked great and the parts showed up well after I’d solved the problem myself.
Chitty service for sure.
That said, I’d still use them. Price and quality of other parts I got was good.

No, it was not The Truck Shop.

Now I cannot remember who I got my seat material from...

The only difference I can see between it and the OE is the buttons in the back of the top. Even has the vinyl piping.

And, would be on, or being worked on, if I had my carpet...

I guess from now on all deliveries are signature required even the only issue we had prior to this was an Amazon shipment, and that was delivered next door so I was able to recover it.

PunH2O

Reaction score
First Name
Pun
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Pretty much finished my interior. Got the new steering wheel on.

Attachments

• 625DBEB7-7000-4345-B361-31A510BF0FF3.jpeg
    625DBEB7-7000-4345-B361-31A510BF0FF3.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 73

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have actually started an excel spreadsheet to list door parts, #s, prices and compare vendors.....I dont want nickel and dime it but just hard to keep them separate. If the $$ is close I will buy all color specific parts from the same place for matching.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Got my money back, for that garbage 350 long block.
I hope you can find a reputable local builder. What I have heard is that finding decent lifters are a PITA currently. All are DNCCP chi-com garbage. One builder said he's going through about 4 dozen to find 16 he can use.

WTF?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Had to pull the lower radiator hose off the radiator to replace the last of the big, and presumably leaking, tower clamps. I have seen drops of antifreeze on the inner fender skirt bottom on the PS.

How that is such a major PITA, I dunno, but has been both times.

Anyway, hopefully that fixes the slow leak I have been having.

Decided later to check the timing - not sure that I had it in drive last time.

No way to know RPM, either - no tach.

So, ...

Whatever RPM it runs in drive warm with the distributor vacuum advance hose disconnected, it is set at about 12 BTDC.

If it clatters, not sure I will hear it as the 4wd shifter rattles when I floor it.

:anitoof:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I hope you can find a reputable local builder. What I have heard is that finding decent lifters are a PITA currently. All are DNCCP chi-com garbage. One builder said he's going through about 4 dozen to find 16 he can use.

WTF?
I've decided I'm just gonna rebuild my original numbers matching 305 myself.

Block was healthy, just the crank and rods were ruined, so I got a 305 from one of my bosses for $50, that had ****** compression, but ran okay. I'm gonna take the crank and rods out of that and put then in mine, with all new bearings and rings.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Sprayed a sealer coat and block sanded the whole truck with 600, finally ready for paint. Nothing left to do but make excuses why it isn’t painted yet , lol.
And tried out the upholstery paint on the door panels.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Sprayed a sealer coat and block sanded the whole truck with 600, finally ready for paint. Nothing left to do but make excuses why it isn’t painted yet , lol.
And tried out the upholstery paint on the door panels.

Holy blue!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub