What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryRH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350ci
Just changed the water pump, harmonic balancer and power steering pump
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe someone has some insight as to why I can't seem to adjust to tighten the belt from the p/s pump to the crank. Doesn't make sense to me at this point.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Just changed the water pump, harmonic balancer and power steering pump

Maybe someone has some insight as to why I can't seem to adjust to tighten the belt from the p/s pump to the crank. Doesn't make sense to me at this point.
You've got to have all the bolts slightly loose, then it might take a little jiggle while pulling tension, I like to use a crescent wrench or a pry bar on the outside of the bracket, on the bottom, then pull up and towards you.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I've done a few things to the Blazer recently but the one you can see is tires & wheels. I sold the Weld wheels and 43" SX's and switched to Trailready beadlocks and 39" Boggers. There are some other smaller updates in my build thread.

The wheels are 20 years old so they needed a makeover (paint peeling, light rust, oxidized rings) so I had them blasted and powder coated, then did some shade tree polishing on the rings.

I also replaced the CV on the rear driveshaft. The CV that was on the shaft was a High Angle Driveline 42 degree CV but it wasn't sealed so it required constant greasing, that got really old so I had it replaced with a Super Duty 1410 CV.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
oil pressure gauge dropped to 30 at a stop light today. Time to change the oil. Normally it will hold 60 on the guage on the interstate and 45 while at a light. When it hits 30 if I change the oil (about 6,000 miles) it jumps back up. Time to change the oil.

Last I looked nobody locally and amazon BO on wix 51042 filter (few weeks ago) but now they are available. Sweet !!!!

TerryRH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350ci
You've got to have all the bolts slightly loose, then it might take a little jiggle while pulling tension, I like to use a crescent wrench or a pry bar on the outside of the bracket, on the bottom, then pull up and towards you.
That's kinda how I punctured the power steering pump to begin with lol. I guess I have just been nervous about slipping and putting another hole in there. I will go ahead and try that. As it stands now, I left that one off and the other belt isn't liking the added responsibility. I will go ahead and give that the good ol college try. Thank you much.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
That's kinda how I punctured the power steering pump to begin with lol. I guess I have just been nervous about slipping and putting another hole in there. I will go ahead and try that. As it stands now, I left that one off and the other belt isn't liking the added responsibility. I will go ahead and give that the good ol college try. Thank you much.
I've never poked a hole in one but have for sure crushed some tanks lol. I can't remember how I got a crescent on it but I know I did, because I didn't wanna crush mine.

Good luck!

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I've done a few things to the Blazer recently but the one you can see is tires & wheels. I sold the Weld wheels and 43" SX's and switched to Trailready beadlocks and 39" Boggers. There are some other smaller updates in my build thread.

The wheels are 20 years old so they needed a makeover (paint peeling, light rust, oxidized rings) so I had them blasted and powder coated, then did some shade tree polishing on the rings.

I also replaced the CV on the rear driveshaft. The CV that was on the shaft was a High Angle Driveline 42 degree CV but it wasn't sealed so it required constant greasing, that got really old so I had it replaced with a Super Duty 1410 CV.

Love your rig man, that's awesome.
Really like that cage. I've been thinking of caging my blazer, curious what wall tubing you used, and how many feet it took to do that?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well, spent about 45 minutes on the phone chasing my carpet order that was supposedly delivered 12/16 , but wasn't.

Been calling since early January - documenting it since 01/12, and each time requires at least 30 minutes to get thru.

Last Friday I gave the work number as the guy I talked to had to chat w/ his boss , who was at lunch. ~ 11:30 is CA time . Never got a call back.

Today, was basically told to go pound sand. GPS on the truck shows it was delivered to your address - you need to file a police report.

WHAT ?? :flamingdevil:

Bought something in November, patiently waited, then made ALL the calls because no one at your company could possibly call me back ,and at no point was this ever mentioned until now as a "final solution" ? !!!

:321:

Oh, NO.

Called GM Card & disputed the charge.

I will leave it to you to guess the vendor.

In the words of Harry Vanderspeigle:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Love your rig man, that's awesome.
Really like that cage. I've been thinking of caging my blazer, curious what wall tubing you used, and how many feet it took to do that?

Thanks!

The cage is made of 1.75" x .120" DOM, I don't know the quantity of tubing though because it's actually a kit from diy4x.com I need to add more triangulation to it but it's a great base to start with. I think most if not all off the additional tubes will be straight so I only had to buy a notcher (no bender and learning curve).

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Jumped her, had to add a qt and a hlf of trans fluid and break the front wheel free but i pulled it out in the yard for a pic for the photo ralleye

Attachments

• 20220211_141911.jpg
    20220211_141911.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220211_142531.jpg
    20220211_142531.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220211_143129.jpg
    20220211_143129.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 63

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
On the plus side, the new PVS82 came in, is installed- sprayed a bit when I pulled the old one out as I had just got home from work- and IT WORKS!
:happy107:

No vacuum at the EFE hose when it is hot, and yeah, it was hot !

Added bonus- less vacuum at the Auto Thermac air inlet valve, so maybe it will actually modulate the temp of the incoming air to the carb as designed.

:party52:

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
I have a TCC as well, which is controlled by the EGR TVS, I believe, but it works.

For my 80 , here is what I need to order from Fleabay :

PVS82 4 ported in a triangular style for EFE .

PVS53 for the EGR - 4 ported, but rectangular.

That's pretty much how mine's set up, except that the TVS for the EFE has its upper two ports inline with the lower right one, and the plastic body is grey in color. Can't remember what the part numbers are for mine, but I'll go hunting for them once I decide to tackle all of the engine management stuff that's failed... the list is getting pretty large:

Both TVS's
A couple of vacuum delay valves that are plugged up or broken
Thermac thermostat in air cleaner
ESC computer
Temperature switch for dual displacement accelerator pump

I might be a little nuts for wanting to fix every bit of that, but sometimes I'm weird like that. Probably pick up a mile per gallon or so at lower cruising speeds if I get torque converter lockup in 2nd and 3rd again (still works in 4th), and get an ESC computer that doesn't randomly switch between trying to detonate the engine into shrapnel and going full retard...

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Give us a hint. I'm getting ready to order carpet (amongst other things) and will avoid this bunch at all costs.

:893karatesmiley-thu

It's not LMC, which is who I will do bidness with wherever possible now - unless, of course, this gets resolved.

I mean, come on - is a phone call back that hard ? Is a "this is an unusual situation and I am sorry for your issue. Let me talk to a manager and see if we can help you out ?" so hard ?

:33:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Only one I can imagine taking that long is U..1. I really like the few things i have gotten there but have cancelled several orders from them just to preserve my paypal refund rights. Dont advertise it if you dont have it in hand ready to ship when its paid for. A couple weeks I understand. 6 months I dont.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1