What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Upgraded the rear window gasket from a one piece to the deluxe chrome style. I have to say the corners made it a pain in the ass

You must be registered for see images attach
Beautiful rig! I love that color!
Do the little corner trim pieces come with a new lock strip?
I saved mine, but they're kinda grungy. Still debating on new seals front and back (if I ever get it painted), as both are still soft and not cracked ,but new lock strips or whatever they're called are needed.

Or are you talking about something different like fitting the actual gasket in the corners?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Just attempted a clean out the drain holes in the front fenders- full of leaves.

Passenger side also had those damn crazy ants ...

:flame:

PB Blastered the holes - help prevent rust, and poison those little fockers at the same time.

:favorites37:
I prefer fire but you unfortunately had your fender to worry about.

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
Looking at the cargo light I installed about a month ago, and reading some other observations, told me that I could now expect water leaks in the back of the cab... I'm guessing mostly due to this seam that the crummy rubber pad leaves wide open. I decided to fill it with some RTV to see if that will help with the sealing effort. It rarely rains here, but I'll see how it holds up next time I wash the truck.

Attachments

• Mnp2R1YkRhW7HVlLxL75Jg.jpg
    Mnp2R1YkRhW7HVlLxL75Jg.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 101
  • lQGcngp5TEyh7ROz7Q9kRA.jpg
    lQGcngp5TEyh7ROz7Q9kRA.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 96
  • %lPxNVqGSIm8APffVObW6Q.jpg
    %lPxNVqGSIm8APffVObW6Q.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 89
  • jRCk4ijBQx2weFO7i9gRqg.jpg
    jRCk4ijBQx2weFO7i9gRqg.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 93

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

:Big Laugh:

Took the air compressor to it tonight.

Roughly 40 years of on and off square ownership and or dealings - before they were called squares - and I never knew these were there.

Drivers side pictured.

Attachments

• 20211027_193149.jpg
    20211027_193149.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211027_193215.jpg
    20211027_193215.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20211027_193219.jpg
    20211027_193219.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 71

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've just completed a window rubber/wiper/guide replacement on both the front doors and the tailgate.

Now my window motors are mad at me and the tailgate motor is slightly more angry at me for the same reason.

I replaced the driver's door lock solenoid and it didn't work (my bad for not testing if there was electricity to it or not) .. so I had to snake the old broken - and very stiff - wires out of the loom and pull the new wires in behind them.

That didn't work - so I had to remove the rubber bellows where the wires ran and that required drilling a 2 inch hole with a hole saw through the left kick panel.

I used a die grinder to remove the rivet heads off the two spots where they hold the bellows to the door - not the inner A Pillar support.

THAT hole saw grabbed the door light switch wires and wound them up into a neat series of spirals... ugh! I completely forgot about them!

It's 5PM - already dark - slightly raining and it's cold. My fingers are numb and the light has gone away and now I use a headband LED setup. Ugh!

Well - I got it done and it works and that's the good part.

It's nice not having the wind coming in through the gaps around the glass and doors and messing up my hair.

The quiet is scary! I can actually hear my radio and I no longer have a fear of carbon monoxide-ing myself to death.

Now if only I can open and close my windows!

Anyone got any ideas on how to limber up the windows so I don't have to have the engine running and someone to "help" the glass go up-n-down while i press buttons?

I'm not usually easily embarrassed - but I kinda feel silly asking strangers to help.

Been using this dry lube for windows for a few years now and found it really works well.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Blaster-9-3-oz-Advanced-Dry-Lube-with-Teflon-16-TDL/202532762

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Been slow going as of late....waiting for parts and even shop work. After about a month I got more goodies back from the platers. An uber-purtee ashtray (I may not even use) and all my accessory bolts cleaned and replated. Now hoping the weather lasts long enough for me to get the FI and accessories installed before the winter shut down.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

Gas + Fire + Ants = crackle crackle sizzle pop good times !

Lil mofos WERE all in the driveway cracks and bit the sh!t out of my bare feet last Friday.

I was boring - used bug spray.

:321:you. ants !

You die ! You go to hell and die !

:grd:

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Beautiful rig! I love that color!
Do the little corner trim pieces come with a new lock strip?
I saved mine, but they're kinda grungy. Still debating on new seals front and back (if I ever get it painted), as both are still soft and not cracked ,but new lock strips or whatever they're called are needed.

Or are you talking about something different like fitting the actual gasket in the corners?
Thanks Its corvette atomic orange. My son in law gave me the seal after his truck was totaled, it came with the corner pieces to I dont know if they were included or ordered separately. everything about the bottom corners was difficult, fitting the glass and the corner pieces. There are a couple u tube vids to give you some idea of what to expect.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well today the boss wanted me to move my truck so i jumped it off my s10 and tried to move, stuck caliper! Ugh but my dumb ass thought it would loosen up on a drive so i ran it down the road, it did not!! Also shes developed an exhaust leak that sounds horrid! I gotta get off my lazy a$$ and fix it and get er back on the road. Took this pic leaving work. Shes giving me the stink eye.

Attachments

• 20211028_171449.jpg
    20211028_171449.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 56

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Well, I made it. Hate driving at night, but having my truck really in contact with the road, not bouncing around and wandering away without OK from HQ, made it a bearable white-knuckle adventure.

I was in Barstow, but skipped In-n-Out. I have a 24-hr Fatburger two blocks away from my casa in LA.

Barstow -- Reminded me of Robert Plant's tender angstful ballad, "Big Log"

This is a great picture!!!! You have a very cool truck, love the stance that baby has!

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I worked on the exhaust tonight......again......from the mufflers back, took me a few hours, what a pain, but I got it! Not super productive, but it needed to be done. Have both left & right matched up now, so I can hang them and hook from my cutouts to the mufflers. One pipe had one small bend after the muffler (to go over axle), the other pipe had multiple and larger bends. I did not like that, so I cut those bends out to make them straight.

One step closer to firing up this pig!

Here is what one of them looked like prior to me cutting out the bends in it.

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
5.7 350tbi , 5.7 350, 5.7 350
Got a good rust free passenger door today. Gotta test and see if the widow goes up and down. Everything is there except the wing window but, I can put the one from the door on it now in it. Paid 300 for it. $hits getting expensive. I've got new motor for it if it needs one too.

300$?! Sheesh. Sold a pair of power window n lock doors, with all the internals, good carpet panels, with a nickel sized patch of some bubbling for 300. Hell I got a 76 RH manual door that still had a decent door panel with the wood trim n bezel intact for 25$ when i took the RH fender off for 75$ In a guys front yard in north Georgia…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969