What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Those types of manifolds have a tendency to deform after years of heat cycles. You bolt up the center two, then use a "manifold spreader" to get the outer holes lined up.
Hmm, that's what I suspected. I need more of a "manifold shrinker".
Might be able to take the ones of my core engine. They've been bolted up all this time, hopefully there still the same size.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Looking for a crate engine also, may i ask where you purchased yours for that price, sounds like a good deal compared to what I've been looking into.
You must be registered for see images attach

deviatedsheep

Reaction score
First Name
brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 M1028 Military
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
Added Fuel Pressure Sensor to my OEM Stainless Fuel Rail.
Step one: Cut Hole
Step two: realizing I was not going to get all that metal out, cut one end off for cleaning
Step three, weld everything
Step four: Re-Cerakote
Step Five: watch paint dry
Step six: Insall everything

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Ouch...
Just spent 2k on a brand new 350 crate engine for my 86.

And finally got to the junkyard to pick up the blown up 350 so I can get my core charge back. Should be able to strip some good parts of it before I give it back.
that may be normal for these days, been out of the 350 engine for a few years......but for that price, I'd spent another $1k for an LS swap. It can be done.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
We just keep turning the key and it just keeps thumping along.
Knock on wood it stays that way.

Soon though, it will get new tires.
These were pretty well done in August of 2019 when we bought the wheels.
Now they are bald because Max likes big block burnouts...

Just have to figure out what ones I want.

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
5.7 350tbi , 5.7 350, 5.7 350
Just knocked out a huge punch list for the 79 today …did a transmission felt gasket and filter service, new front shocks, new leaf springs, put a new printed circuit in, and while the cluster was out I gave the backing plate a light dusting of paint, all new 168 bulbs went in, and now after successfully chasing all the electrical gremlins out and all my factory gauges are working as intended…

After 12 hours I called it a day, but tomorrow I’ll be putting an oem radio/speaker harness and speakers in, and buttoning the dash back up after today’s cluster adventure.

Also got a Mar-k bed wood kit in last week so that’ll get started maybe next week and with that, I think I’m maybe done restoring this truck?

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Nothing today.......
Made the 550 mile round trip to Nashville Super Speedway and drooled at all the nice trucks !!
Great show that fortunately, dodged the rain there. Will try to post some pics tomorrow.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just knocked out a huge punch list for the 79 today …did a transmission felt gasket and filter service, new front shocks, new leaf springs, put a new printed circuit in, and while the cluster was out I gave the backing plate a light dusting of paint, all new 168 bulbs went in, and now after successfully chasing all the electrical gremlins out and all my factory gauges are working as intended…

After 12 hours I called it a day, but tomorrow I’ll be putting an oem radio/speaker harness and speakers in, and buttoning the dash back up after today’s cluster adventure.

Also got a Mar-k bed wood kit in last week so that’ll get started maybe next week and with that, I think I’m maybe done restoring this truck?
Wow. That’s a busy day. Hell of a job

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
Not a square, but still a Chevrolet. Earlier this week i Swapped out the single reservoir master cylinder for a dual reservoir, freshened up all 4 drums- new hardware, new shoes, new drums, new cylinders, front flexhose, made some new stainless lines to account for the additional reservoir on the MC, and then re-plumbed the entire brake line system for good measure.
I’ve gotten so proficient with drum work yall… I’m averaging about 23min to take everything off, clean em up, install new hardware and shoes, and readjustment

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
Now I’m gonna sit down at the jewelry bench and engrave these GSI machine and fab billet 73-87 doorhandles

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Not a square, but still a Chevrolet. Earlier this week i Swapped out the single reservoir master cylinder for a dual reservoir, freshened up all 4 drums- new hardware, new shoes, new drums, new cylinders, front flexhose, made some new stainless lines to account for the additional reservoir on the MC, and then re-plumbed the entire brake line system for good measure.
I’ve gotten so proficient with drum work yall… I’m averaging about 23min to take everything off, clean em up, install new hardware and shoes, and readjustment
Nice '64 :)

@78C10BigTen

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker

I don't want to be the barer of bad news.................You'll never be done......ever!!!!! LOL

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
ordered bedsides for the K10. Will be here Tuesday. Sucks it's $1,060 for both sides.....but would have been worse online. Got 'em from a guy I know that I found on craigslist years ago not far from here.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Nice bel air!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84