What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Oh, changed a 3 foot chunk of emmissions hose going to the charcoal canister. OE molded the rubber connector to the hose, so I had to cut it after that and use one of those universal plastic connectors.

Never seen that before - it had steps in the size with the appropriate barbs, and you cut it to match the size hose you need.

Cool idea - if you dont accidentally cut one of the 2 barbs off that are supposed to hold the hose.

:boxed:

Gorilla Tape to the rescue!
:Big Laugh:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Emissions? You don't need no stinking emissions!

The factory stuff is there and hooked up except the po removed the cat, and I unplugged the EFE as I think it was the cause of some of the PS weakness/wear.

The hose goes from the charcoal canister to the carb - could plug the carb, but not sure if there would be any effect on the other end.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Finally got the tires swapped out yesterday. I used our machine at work to do it. My plan is to put the black wheels with the old sportsman bias tires on soon & finish them off & then put the other ones on the play wheels for the burnout competition next May. Anyhow, got her looking presentable today so here’s a few shots.

You must be registered for see images attach

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also had a bit of play in the front wheel bearings so pulled them, repacked & reset the preload. Slop is gone.

The color of my window switches have been bugging me because they just didn’t look right to me. Took the door panels off in order to remove the top panel from the main one to get at the mounting screws of the switches. Used the medium beige on the housings & left the switches black. Guess I’m satisfied with the change, but now I’m wondering if the tweeter grills needs a shot of black or the rings maybe black, or just leave things alone.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Finally got the tires swapped out yesterday. I used our machine at work to do it. My plan is to put the black wheels with the old sportsman bias tires on soon & finish them off & then put the other ones on the play wheels for the burnout competition next May. Anyhow, got her looking presentable today so here’s a few shots.

I reckon you're getting ready to show off this truck to the Grandson!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I do the same thing, they get mad when you tell them the part number as theyre askin what vehicle lol
my god advanced auto parts legitametly would not sell me 3 41-101 spark plugs (ac delco) before despite being in stock. I just was bullheaded because I wanted to go in, get them in like 2 minutes, and leave. because they wouldnt i went to oreillies where the new guy was confused on how to search a number but i showed him where his search bar was and we got them nice and ez. wasnt 2 minutes tho.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Also had a bit of play in the front wheel bearings so pulled them, repacked & reset the preload. Slop is gone.

The color of my window switches have been bugging me because they just didn’t look right to me. Took the door panels off in order to remove the top panel from the main one to get at the mounting screws of the switches. Used the medium beige on the housings & left the switches black. Guess I’m satisfied with the change, but now I’m wondering if the tweeter grills needs a shot of black or the rings maybe black, or just leave things alone.

if you want my opinion, if you want to have the black accent style going on, a black ring and the grille left the same would be fine and look nice. the little ridge on the switches pedastal where its got a stiching around the center. That could be black if it was as easy as just taking a sharpie lol. The perimeter of the door handle cup could also be black, maybe. Not so sure on that one. But the stiching on the rest could be black thread but thats a lot of work for a black threading. The door lock if it was not a aluminum would be excellent black if plastic. the Door could almost go for a plastic trim piece of black across the impression above the tweeter from one side to the other, but thats more custom work. Definitely would look nice with black accents, but its not as simple as boom done of course. You could maybe go the route of a door pocket if you wanted and do black to that, that would give function and style if done right.
Definitely love the steering wheel
Depending on the color of your GMC logo, you may have some luck painting the center cap the same as your door panels. Like, the face of the cap should prob stay black, but the sloped ring around the perimeter thats not flat or touched much would be kinda a cool accent I think, but it would in my opinion only look right if you have GMC red or your door red on the letters, to contrast both, because grey or white letters wouldnt mesh at least I think

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Hi all, its been some time since I have been active here, still doing well as I hope everyone else is to. I finished trade school up in may of this year and graduated and have been working full time since, have not done much to my 79, but have acquired parts here and there for it, The 75 Fulltop blazer I did a bunch of metal work got the body and paint finished and my friend got the engine and trans/transfer case in, and my 76 C10 I still daily drive it every day.

Joneman

Reaction score
First Name
Jonah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350cc
Did the steering stabilizer this morning.

In fact, started at 7:30 - woke up thinking let's do this ...

:birgits_tiredcoffee

Only fail was putting it back on - stripped the threads sucking the tapered portion in the drag link. It's on, though.

Old one installation details.

New one on.

Hi Goldie Driver, did you notice if the drag link is tapered to accept the tapered bolt? I am trying to install a new shimmy shock on my truck but the hardware is different

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Hi Goldie Driver, did you notice if the drag link is tapered to accept the tapered bolt? I am trying to install a new shimmy shock on my truck but the hardware is different

I think it is - I also think I had it sucked all the way in when I starting trying to draw it in further w/ the nut and the big wrench ... :nono:

Pretty easy , all in all, so long as you don't dupe that mistake.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Painted the bed finally and got the chrome molding on thanks to a lot of help from people on here.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Today:

Put the new door seals in.
Put the old headliner back in................. a little bit of a challenge by one's self. Cleaned it, looks better outside the cab
Added some of the newly painted trim parts.
Cleaned, painted and reinstalled the rear speaker brackets & speakers.
(I'll have to take them out again when I decide what I'll cover the insulation with, the cardboard tray was a mess)

Slow going lately, but..........
Added some leftover Kilmat to the inside of the doors.
Then, since I don't need a cig lighter, I cut up an old kick panel and made a "face plate" for a USB port to go where the ashtray was.
The old lighter was wired to the battery, but I wired it to the ignition switch even though the USB has an on/off button.
Oh, and finally wired the new speakers up. Sounds like a radio now...........

I was gonna put in the window felt, but I backburned that for a day or so.

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Slow going lately, but..........
Added some leftover Kilmat to the inside of the doors.
Then, since I don't need a cig lighter, I cut up an old kick panel and made a "face plate" for a USB port to go where the ashtray was.
Nice work. That's where my trans temp gauge will go one day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84