What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1985c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I put my “bumper thingies” on finally! Just need to order the replacement pads from LMC. Next I need to get my real hood on it not this neat up one. I know it doesn’t seem like much but it was a 4-5 hour affair. My frame is a 76 k20 frame and I’m using an 87 body/bumper so I needed to cut the front of the frame horns, then drill some hole, then paint it and wait for everything to dry. Been driving it with the bumper held to the 76 frame but it forced it to be twisted and constantly looked like I hit something with the truck. And to top it off the frame horns had been farmer joe “reinforced” with 1/4 plate at some point in its life.

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I charged my battery today. I've been gone for 2 weeks and when I got back to the shop, I found my battery was completely dead. Then I noticed my old Grant horn cap had come loose and made contact. Apparently my horn was blowing until the battery died. I bet the neighbors across the road loved that :rofl:

And my low note horn no longer works now.
if you didnt hear it, it means it didnt make noise! they cant prove otherwise!

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Finally got my 502 running thanks to the Help of a member or two and their familiarity with holley efi!

I discovered an exhaust leak cyl #3's primary, and the ps pump wasnt bolted down all the way evidently (my fault) ... No harm, the belt just started pulling it inward a little bit!

That's a big milestone for the k5ton project.

The next one is to back it out of where it's rested for the past..... 2 years?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mossyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 1 BBL
Took a wire brush to the inside of the distributor as there was a small bit or corrosion. Also you’d be amazed how good the air blows when you clean out what the rats put in...it was full from the back of the fan to the exit of the vent.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Took a wire brush to the inside of the distributor as there was a small bit or corrosion. Also you’d be amazed how good the air blows when you clean out what the rats put in...it was full from the back of the fan to the exit of the vent.

Sheesh. I remember that when I cleaned the vents in my burb... I was barely getting any air flow and what little air I did get smelled like rat piss!

Turned out it was clogged with their little nests...

Makes you ponder however.....

Where did all that come from on the truck.......? o_O

Mossyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 1 BBL

There had been some old clothes and a saddle blanket in the cab. I guess they had enough to chew on with that and left the bench seat alone!

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
There had been some old clothes and a saddle blanket in the cab. I guess they had enough to chew on with that and left the bench seat alone!

had a customer car many years ago with a fan that quit working, when we went to replace the fan motor it was full of those green rat poison cubes. the pack rats filled the entire squirrel cage full ,so the motor couldn't turn.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Sheesh. I remember that when I cleaned the vents in my burb... I was barely getting any air flow and what little air I did get smelled like rat piss!

Turned out it was clogged with their little nests...

It didn't come from the truck. They built a nest and brought the stuff to the truck

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
However, here is what I am really doing on the square this past weekend, last night, will continue tonight....

Passenger side floor...

Drivers side floor.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's good to see I'm not the only one that has to clean out giant mouse nests every so often.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
What is up with you guys and non-working parking brakes lol. We don't have a state inspection (other than emissions) in Wa, and well lets just say I like to have a working parking brake. Years ago I had a dodge slip out of park roll down a hill and slam into a brick building. No one was hurt, the building was fine, but the van was dented up a bit. Maybe it's just me because I haul so much I just don't feel comfortable leaving a loaded vehicle parked on anything other than flat ground without the brake set.

On this truck I did have to redo the rear brake, and the cables to get the brake to work properly so I guess I can see how a block off wood could be an attractive alternative for cost reasons.
Ive never had a working E brake and honestly never cared if it did..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue