What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That looks like fun! Now to not pick. I'm pretty sure that the Gen II sbc was the LT1 and LT4 used in cars in the middle 90's as a precursor to the LS series which is considered Gen III

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1997. Pretty sure the Gen II's ended in 98 (maybe 97?). It was a truck motor fwiw. Only reason I got this one instead of rebuilding the original was I wanted a roller cam. :)

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
It's a Gen I for sure. The Gen II sbc were used in cars and utilized the Opti Spark ignition that had the "distributor" mounting on front of block behind the water pump

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
It's a Gen I for sure. The Gen II sbc were used in cars and utilized the Opti Spark ignition that had the "distributor" mounting on front of block behind the water pump

I have that engine in my Trans Am. What an absolute joy to work on.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Changed out my old broke headlight adjuster plastics. Added the clear turn signals and re aimed my low and high beams. I'm thinking they still might be a little low. The taped x is center of the bulbs measured out, and the truck is 25 feet back.

You must be registered for see images attach

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
They say a picture is worth 1000 words so heres 3. Lol guess it didnt like my propane tank

Last edited:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
They say a picture is worth 1000 words so heres 3. Lol guess it didnt like my propane tank

I dislike this.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Technically trailer, my square body trailer. Tailgate? Is that john deere yellow?

Why yes it is! I painted on a cleaned up surface on the top half and the back, where stuff contacts, and I sprayed it over with krylon JD yellow and clear coatted satin to finish it all off. Isnt perfect, I ran short of JD yellow so the bottom has some old brown poke through.

From it all, id say the best thing was discovering krylon spray paint. It was spendy, but its all my store had 2nd week in a row, so i said "sure hope this color matches rustoleum, im gonna send it" and it did color match, but it lays down very matte. clear satin put it right where i wanted. But the spray tip is nice and dont make finger sore or get painted, and the pattern is large, yet easily manageable to allow quick application while not making messes. i made two over spray by going slowly, and 1 was on purpose to get a feel for speed and distance, the other was around the pierced metal on the outside of tailgate as i was trying to coat immediately inside it to look yellow. Im painting it JD yellow soley because i started and its the only yellow I had a can of, and I had the idea to make my tailgate more conspicious because my trailer looks like the rear of a truck on the road. and a bright yellow tailgate catches the eye and makes you focus. I plan to do black for body panels, ive done rust restorer where rust had developed and i need to go over with black. Thinking matte black and quick satin clear, not anything fancy they are just ****** rust, beat up bedsides. oh, who am I kidding, lets go find me some over the top john deere green, farmall red, and oliver green and just make a theme of it all

ripandtear

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5l 305
Shop Press re-arching front leaf springs. Came out great. We’ll see how long it lasts.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I want a burb so bad lol....I'd go through the LS swap from scratch again even lol. God help me if I find one when I've got the money for it....wife will prolly shoot me....and I aint shitting ya lol.

I have a 94 2500hd 454 suburban. I use it only to haul my cattle or horses. It sit's most of the time less than 2k between California smog requirements. Is it beautiful no. but everything works, minus the A/C. 204K miles. Make me an offer and come get it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly