What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Swapped my sport bumper back on yesterday, we did it for a how to article in Street Trucks
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Swapped my sport bumper back on yesterday, we did it for a how to article in Street Trucks

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
TERRIBLE FRAME

Then its demise will allow others to live.

:driver:

Thanks for the truck compliment, BTW !

:)

Now, the during and after Discount pics.

Look big for 33s.

In the air.

Pulled the drums real quick and dumped the dust too. Might as well since they did the hard part.

All looks OK that I saw. Forgot that 1 side had cracked a shoe - should have looked closer. Hindsight - oh, well.

And, finally, OWLs !

Much quieter, much smoother now.

Even the young man working tire install commented that the OWL fits the period of the truck.

And, hubcap bolts got some Loc Tite so good to go for 6K or so until rotation time.

:D

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Look big for 33s.

In the air.

Pulled the drums real quick and dumped the dust too. Might as well since they did the hard part.

All looks OK that I saw. Forgot that 1 side had cracked a shoe - should have looked closer. Hindsight - oh, well.

And, finally, OWLs !

Even the young man working tire install commented that the OWL fits the period of the truck.

And, hubcap bolts got some Loc Tite so good to go for 6K or so until rotation time.

The owls look great but honestly the tread looks more aggressive on the old tires... maybe its my imagination...

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

Look big for 33s.

In the air.

And, finally, OWLs !

i love this. the OWLs do look great, great look, great stance, great everything!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

who what where when??!! i'd love to know how to interchange between the two. special step bumper or special bracketry?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
The owls look great but honestly the tread looks more aggressive on the old tires... maybe its my imagination...

No, they were. They liked to cup, too, so I would get weird hopping on the freeway.

But probably my bad as I did not rotate them as often as I should have.

I also noticed these dont seem to rub when I turn RH full lock.

Maybe they are a shade narrower.

At any rate, being able to hear the radio while driving on the freeway is kind of nice.

:p

We shall see how they do as they wear.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
who what where when??!! i'd love to know how to interchange between the two. special step bumper or special bracketry?
Most step bumpers are just some flat stock welded onto the backside of the bumper and then they bolt to the frame rails. So to go to a sport bumper, you just need the brackets to do so. If your frame is boogered up, you may need to drill holes but it’s pretty straight forward

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Most step bumpers are just some flat stock welded onto the backside of the bumper and then they bolt to the frame rails. So to go to a sport bumper, you just need the brackets to do so. If your frame is boogered up, you may need to drill holes but it’s pretty straight forward

well i'm planning on getting a step bumper for my Jimmy. i held one up and the holes didn't line up, i figured it was only set up for the original non-steps. and you're doing both. are frame widths also the same between pickups/blazers?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Well everyone, i got a 3rd Square Body. There's a guy in town that has a small salvage yard, had this thing since 2008 and i've seen it before. Only now did i realize that it's exactly what i need for my project. Complete under the hood with A/C and complete emissions. Interior is really nice. Rear bench seat too, should work but will need reupholstered. 2wd frame is junk, along with fuel tank. The main purpose of this '88 GMC Suburban is to switch parts to my '88 GMC Jimmy project after the PO hacked it up. Burb has everything and the way it should be so it'll be perfect reference and swapping. CLEAN TITLE TOO! 350 motor was replaced at one point, has 62,000 miles on it and a good automatic transmission. With all of the little parts i need, cheap Chinese aftermarket is not only crap but will hurt my wallet in the long run, so original GM parts is a no brainer!

Plus my dad has a '90 Chevy Suburban project and i'm sure he'll be stealing things off it!

Also @78C10BigTen, i'm afraid i won't be needing the grille as this one will do just fine. Thank you though!

So how'd i do? and don't criticize me for only using it for parts and not fixing it to run. . .

uh....I'd be looking for a 4wd frame

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
well i'm planning on getting a step bumper for my Jimmy. i held one up and the holes didn't line up, i figured it was only set up for the original non-steps. and you're doing both. are frame widths also the same between pickups/blazers?
As far as I know the blazer/truck frame is the same. I’ve seen guys use the blazer bumper on the trucks too. As for a step bumper, they’re all universal, not designed for a certain truck. You’ll need to drill the bumper brackets to match up to the holes in the frame.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Jimmy drove from one garage to the other under it's own power for the first time in a LONNGGGG time, let alone with a REAL clutch pedal. it was nothing compared to my '80 though! Needs adjusted bad haha

With the parts truck, let the games begin.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well everyone, i got a 3rd Square Body. There's a guy in town that has a small salvage yard, had this thing since 2008 and i've seen it before. Only now did i realize that it's exactly what i need for my project. Complete under the hood with A/C and complete emissions. Interior is really nice. Rear bench seat too, should work but will need reupholstered. 2wd frame is junk, along with fuel tank. The main purpose of this '88 GMC Suburban is to switch parts to my '88 GMC Jimmy project after the PO hacked it up. Burb has everything and the way it should be so it'll be perfect reference and swapping. CLEAN TITLE TOO! 350 motor was replaced at one point, has 62,000 miles on it and a good automatic transmission. With all of the little parts i need, cheap Chinese aftermarket is not only crap but will hurt my wallet in the long run, so original GM parts is a no brainer!

Plus my dad has a '90 Chevy Suburban project and i'm sure he'll be stealing things off it!

Also @78C10BigTen, i'm afraid i won't be needing the grille as this one will do just fine. Thank you though!

So how'd i do? and don't criticize me for only using it for parts and not fixing it to run. . .

Looks a lot like my '88 parts rig. The frame is good on mine, but has the usual severe rear body rot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8