What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got the jumpers out and fired her up, took her for a short hop down the road n back a couple times just to stretch the legs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yay!

I like how you let the audience look both ways before you pulled back out into traffic, lol.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yay!

I like how you let the audience look both ways before you pulled back out into traffic, lol.
Just to make sure its safe! Lol even though the truck isnt street legal lol I recorded from my phone in my right hand sittin on top of the dash, i realized it was focusing on the windshield so i tried to hold it up on the return trip. One thing that really dont show up in the vid is right before i get to the dirt pull off, when i step on the brakes it yanks hard left! I forgot how nice my square is to drive....:driver:the headers and flowmasters scream, the buttery soft n smooth steering! Ugh i gotta get off my ass n fix it!!:banghead:. Where TF has my motivation gone?! :disgust: :help:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
This one is for you, @Rusty Nail .

Number 8 on the left, 6 on the right

You must be registered for see images attach

Probably 5 to 6K on them.

I changed them, and finally SeaFoamed the bores thru the spark plug holes.

Turned it over with the plug wires off - actually fired up :anitoof: - and then put some more Seafoam in and then the new plugs.

Been sitting like that since 10:30 or so - trying to be patient.

:p

Changed the vacuum booster rubber lines yesterday and a new air filter.

Puttering. :)

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Got the jumpers out and fired her up, took her for a short hop down the road n back a couple times just to stretch the legs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Great to see it back on the road again, even if only for a minute or two. Gotta make a habit of doing this, like weekly. My truck had been in a bad way for a couple years now so it's been doing a lot of sitting. I was only taking it around town maybe once every few months (like what you got going on). When I first bought it it was a very old truck that was more or less daily driven so it made it over 2000 miles on the maiden voyage without skipping a beat. Now that it sits so much, even though it's still the same truck I drove every day it's got a LOT of problems now, all most likely from sitting. I have noticed the brakes are funky, the accessories make weird noises, there are a ton of problems with lighting/wiring/gauges/hvac/etc. Keep it fresh. You got a good running truck with some rust. I know the rust needs to be fixed before it's legal to drive again, but don't let it turn into an un-streetable pile while you wait to get it fixed up.

Mofarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I got the Flex buffer polisher out today and did a little paint correction and polishing.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Finally getting the interior wiring wrapped up, speakers switched over and almost there under the hood. Wiring on the passenger floor is all the JUNK i had to cut out of it. Some peoples kids....

And the Burb's bench seat will work, will need reupholstered and front clips changed to flat brackets; just a little bit of custom fabrication

Last edited:

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got my hood painted finally! I don’t work as fast as I used to . Next on the agenda , strip carpet , pull rubber off the door jambs . Fix some rust on the passenger rocker . Not to bad though . Then paint door jambs.
I am 55 so I don’t move as quickly, and body work sucks . Done enough of it years ago . But bye no means am I a professional at it . The cab has lil dents here and there , top is good ! Thank the lord !

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
I’m starting to get the a/c as efficient as I can. I’m going to stick with the r134a that the system has been converted to. But my rear a/c does not work as in it does not cool at all. The front isn’t bad. It warms up at idle though. Today I started off with adding a 14” electric fan. I want to help out with airflow while at idle in traffic. Honestly, I’m not super impressed by this fan but since I’ve already got it I may as well install it.

I was going to add a parallel flow condenser but the one I got just looks cheap, and small. I think the extra capacity of the factory condenser and not having the fabricate mounts made my mind up to just keep the factory condenser.

here it is all mounted. I even took some rubber moulding to fill in the gap so hopefully more air goes through the condenser.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I’m starting to get the a/c as efficient as I can. I’m going to stick with the r134a that the system has been converted to. But my rear a/c does not work as in it does not cool at all. The front isn’t bad. It warms up at idle though. Today I started off with adding a 14” electric fan. I want to help out with airflow while at idle in traffic. Honestly, I’m not super impressed by this fan but since I’ve already got it I may as well install it.

I was going to add a parallel flow condenser but the one I got just looks cheap, and small. I think the extra capacity of the factory condenser and not having the fabricate mounts made my mind up to just keep the factory condenser.

here it is all mounted. I even took some rubber moulding to fill in the gap so hopefully more air goes through the condenser.

I'm not Johnny A.C., but I know the rear A/Cs are controlled by a TXV. Maybe yours is faulty?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Bought a caliper hardware kit ( P/N 5500A) and replaced the "bushings" - really orings with the outside edge tapered as well as the sleeves on both sides.

Never done that before.

Also was reading the manual and the squealers on the inboard pad should face the rear of the caliper.

Should have probably known that, but did not pay attention when I put these pads on.

Problem solved.

:)

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got the Flex buffer polisher out today and did a little paint correction and polishing.

That’s a great looking color scheme .
I am guessing factory colors ?
Very sharp truck!

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
I'm not Johnny A.C., but I know the rear A/Cs are controlled by a TXV. Maybe yours is faulty?
Yes it is and I’m sure it’s stuck. Just going through the whole system so it cools the best it possibly can. The kids are spoiled and used to my wife’s minivan that has separate vents for each seat and cools great.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Yes it is and I’m sure it’s stuck. Just going through the whole system so it cools the best it possibly can. The kids are spoiled and used to my wife’s minivan that has separate vents for each seat and cools great.

if you know the compressor is good and the condenser is not plugged and the rest of the system is in good shape with a proper charge of refrigerant, you may need to adjust the low pressure cutoff switch to account for r134. the compressor may be cutting off too early because r12 operates at higher pressures. on my 90 suburban I turned the adjustment screw almost a full turn clockwise and it made a huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88