What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Hooked up the scanner and noticed that the O2 sensors voltage read differently. This could be due to an issue with either bank. I would expect (not knowing any better) that the voltages for each O2 sensor would be relatively close to each other. These are the sensors that came off the donor vehicle with the engine.

I've felt a drop in performance over the past month, so i went ahead and ordered some replacement NTK O2 sensors to install. I'll update with a pic after the install.

I did notice a 2005 LM7 with 140k miles (no harness or front accessories) on FB for $400. I plan to go ahead and get it and rebuild pending price of parts.

[Update/thought] It may be because I think I've got a small exhaust leak under the drivers side cab area. May have some play with the readings.

full

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Got a few things done today. Not all of them good.
I tried and failed to remove the front pinion yoke nut, wanted to replace the oil seal behind it because it’s leaking but all I managed to do was round off the nut.
You must be registered for see images attach

After that fail I decided to put it all back together and let that sit. Probably going to have to take it somewhere, that one may be beyond me. Still had some time so I got to work on cleaning the floor in the rear in prep fo POUR 15

While I was there I got a better look at my rust situation. Need to source some patch panels at some point.

And finally I figured out why I had no speedometer today. RIP

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Yanked the big block trans and efi from my k5 yesterday, todays task is axles and tires....

Big block c10.....here we come

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yanked the big block trans and efi from my k5 yesterday, todays task is axles and tires....

Big block c10.....here we come

I like it, but at the same time, I don't like it.

Lol

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I like it, but at the same time, I don't like it.

Lol

Im not a fan... but that (was) TOO MUCH money under the hood just sitting.. about 15k in engine, trans, and EFI.

Time to move onto a hotrod i can terrorize everyone with.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Im not a fan... but that (was) TOO MUCH money under the hood just sitting.. about 15k in engine, trans, and EFI.

Time to move onto a hotrod i can terrorize everyone with.

K5ton no more?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Alternator went out today on the way into the shop. Was replaced by the former owner before I got it so it was about a 3 year old NAPA alternator. But what to replace it with. No I've not been happy with Napa house brand parts in many years now. No not a duralast, no not a masterpro.... What's left that I could get same day... Yes of course an A/C Delco remanufactured alternator! The only way to go!
see

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0
Sound starter and alternator in Tacoma does good work, for future reference.

Thanks for the tip, I will get in touch with them for future work. We do quite a bit of older rigs at the shop and could really use place like that from time to time. There use to be a shop in Woodinville called, Woodinville Auto electric. One of his last Alternators is in my 77 Cadillac, he had a great operation back in the day.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I tried and failed to remove the front pinion yoke nut, wanted to replace the oil seal behind it because it’s leaking but all I managed to do was round off the nut.

After that fail I decided to put it all back together and let that sit. Probably going to have to take it somewhere, that one may be beyond me. Still had some time so I got to work on cleaning the floor in the rear in prep fo POUR 15

While I was there I got a better look at my rust situation. Need to source some patch panels at some point.

Man,that’s the pits.Use a dremel with a cut off wheel and cut the nut.One side should be sufficient to relieve the torque.It will be a bit tedious,but take your time so you you don’t cut the shaft.

Wear eye protection

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size

Buy a chrome 6 point socket the impact socket is to thick to fit down into the yoke I had to do that with my k3500 or borrow a socket preferably a snap on or Mac with flank drive that’s what snap on calls it

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Got the k5 completely torn down yesterday. Its just a body and frame, tires, axles, wheels, 5 ton shafts, and all thr other 5 ton **** is all headed out tomorrow morning.... in the mean time, the money i dont even have is burning a hole in my pocket, im going to look at a 79 c10 shortbed, i6 with 3 speed today after work... all original. Red, 2800$ runs and drives now.

If i get it, i'll be sure to make a build thread, namely featuring how i yank that i6 and toss it in the dirt and replace it for a motor damn near twice its displacement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128