What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I worked on mine the other night, need some new door crank components, will have to check out my parts truck.

Since I am easily addicted to stuff like this, I am now also on the search for our other family suburban, a 1978 Chevrolet Trailering Special....I posted it here in the wanted ads, and on craigslist. Hoping for some luck but won't hold my breath! It looks kinda like this one....except with running boards & lights, windshield visor & lights and dark tinted windows. Hope I can find it!! Many years back it was in this local area...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is that the truck you and i discussed me driving up and purchasing?

Second one, no bed.
Also, wanna sell the 79? :Big Laugh:

Yep, that's the truck. Well, the cab. The guy refused to let the frame go with it. It also has much more rust than I could see when the truck was hiding in the bushes. Rockers, cab corners, front floor and floor support on the driver's side are all rotted. Along with a four door bottoms.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Put it up on ramps to get ready for Trans filter kit, new 1/4" hose to replace from intake to Trans. Finally put on the new positive cable for battery.

Now that I'm working 8's I get off at 2:30 so I've got time but, it's a big hit to the wallet.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Did a little scraping today. Got the bulk of the paint off the bed. All the trim off the cab and started scraping the cab.

Determined definitively that truck had a repaint. Likely early on warranty job for peeling paint.
And while it did actually stick on the truck for presumably 30 years, it is super thin and most of it easily scrapes off the primer that was used

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
got it new boots for the rear. Finally showed up after a 3 month backorder
You must be registered for see images
Wow. Those are some serious tires!

benz88

Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Wow. Those are some serious tires!
I wish I could go wider but I think with the 8in drop a 315 would rub. I have 305s on it now that are bald and they have very little clearance. Hopefully these hook good.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I bought a donor truck to supply me with parts....so now I have 2 to make into one and sell off the extra parts.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
I bought a donor truck to supply me with parts....so now I have 2 to make into one and sell off the extra parts.

That's the way to do it! Well worth the investment for the donor and as a extra bonus, no shipping charges on parts you need cause they're right outside already!!:cheers:

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The donor is actually fully functioning k10. almost hate to dismantle it.....I am trying to get it to run decent and will drive it for a few weeks make sure everything works that I THINK works before any dismantling. that way I know it worked prior to trying to sell parts...

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
The donor is actually fully functioning k10. almost hate to dismantle it.....I am trying to get it to run decent and will drive it for a few weeks make sure everything works that I THINK works before any dismantling. that way I know it worked prior to trying to sell parts...
Ken, sounds like you need to get a 3rd "donor" truck to fix the two you now have!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
If i did that I might as well buy a camper too,,,,need someplace to sleep....hahaha wife wouldnt like all those laying around the drive

Reactions: WFO

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
If i did that I might as well buy a camper too,,,,need someplace to sleep....hahaha wife wouldnt like all those laying around the drive

Could tell her you are just trying to find the perfect Square body truck for her and just haven't found one yet that was worthy of her! But you'll keep trying!! LOL:cheers: