What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Can't remember if i posted this or not already, but made a new gauge/switch panel for my wide band that I got, think I'm going to drop the vacuum gauge in favor of a trans temp gauge (already have the one on the column). Had to rma the O2 sensor that was included with the gauge as it was faulty out of the box, AEM's customer service is pretty good though, gave them the necessary information and they sent a new sensor out free of charge.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also picked up a 4L60E, off the side of a 2 lane highway... I'm sure its junk (looks to be from a junkyard with hole punched in pan), the output shaft has a ton of play and the bell housing area is busted off. But looks like it has a good extension housing, so if anyone needs any parts let me know.

Ordered up some parts to upgrade the electrical system in my 76. Going to put an auxiliary fuse block in to have all of my added gauges/lights ran all separate of the original fuse panel wiring, to clean things up and to not strain the factory fuse panel.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Finally found some Ajax so I could clean the white letters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always use soapy water and scrub with a red 3M scuff pad. Simple and effective.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Lubed the speedo cable again as the speedo started going wonky (again :rolleyes: ) at low speeds.

Discovered something new - if, like me, after you get the speedo cable hooked back up and your truck won't even try to turn over - look to be sure this plug on the left hand side of the neutral start switch didn't get disconnected.

Umm, yeah ...

I was like WTF?

Its the purple and yellow connector and it goes on the left side of the switch- it has a tab so it only plugs in one way.

The pic is taken from the floorboard looking up at the bottom of the column and the switch.

Now I know- y'all probably already did.:D

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Installed the new to me grill surround trim, then reinstalled the headlight buckets, headlights, horns and snorkels after cleaning, primering, painting and polishing everything. Tomorrow I plan on installing my new Hayden heavy duty transmission oil cooler and the full Phantom grill. Front end should shine like a diamond! Proof you can polish a turd, Lol!!!:cheers:

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I welded in my new wheel well then spray canned over it, not too bad looking compared to how it was before.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I welded in my new wheel well then spray canned over it, not too bad looking compared to how it was before.

Keep on picking away at it :)

mmanter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I started to replace the worn out transmission in my truck, so I can get it on the road to help a friend move. Next stop, 4 new tires.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Well after 3 trips to the hardware store (only 4 blocks from the house) I finished fabbing up the brackets to mount my tranny cooler and finally got it in. Don't have it hooked up yet, that's for tomorrow, it's time for a cold brew now! Planning on fabbing up some hard lines out of some extra trans lines to take it thru to the inside of the radiator support. Also thinking about just plumbing it straight to both trans lines direct and bypassing the tank on the radiator completely. Not sure yet. Would be way simpler and keep it as a single loop instead of making it into 2 loops. What do you guys think, any thoughts on this? :cheers:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well after 3 trips to the hardware store (only 4 blocks from the house) I finished fabbing up the brackets to mount my tranny cooler and finally got it in. Don't have it hooked up yet, that's for tomorrow, it's time for a cold brew now! Planning on fabbing up some hard lines out of some extra trans lines to take it thru to the inside of the radiator support. Also thinking about just plumbing it straight to both trans lines direct and bypassing the tank on the radiator completely. Not sure yet. Would be way simpler and keep it as a single loop instead of making it into 2 loops. What do you guys think, any thoughts on this? :cheers:

Looks clean!

If it's just warm weather driving (above freezing) then you can just skip the cooler in the radiator.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
If you by-pass the radiator, install a transmission temperature gauge

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Replaced both V belts on my K30

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size

I have mine looped through the radiator and then to the external cooler and back to the trans. I have ran it through its paces many times now with the new engine/trans combo and with the autometer trans temp gauge installed it's been to 150 degrees once. most times it barely comes off of the bottom of the pin at 140. Due to space constraints the trans temp sender is between the radiator and the external cooler. So i'd say it would be fine to just plumb it direct for most of what we do with these things. Before I hooked up the gauge I was worried that I was getting the sucker hot! But after hooking it up I was quite surprised at just how cool the trans actually runs. I haven't hit it with the heat gun yet to verify but I do know after a 20 mile trip you can put your hand right on the block for the sender and it's just warm to the touch.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Replaced spider gears, new crush sleeve, and pinion seal. Got rid of backlash and clunky gear engage. Pinion nut was backing off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat