What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That looks good on a square. Those things look weird depending on how a person mounts them on a square.
Thx. On my Dodge, I mounted them under the bumper I made. I prefer the recessed look better.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Made a little more progress on the console. I don’t know what I picked up from holidays, but it’s been kicking my butt most of the week. Still some mocking up on the shifter position. Did get the vinyl ordered today too.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well not paying attention to the ol fuel needle i ran her outta gas just now on my way home. Managed to coast her to the local FD and called the gf to come get me to go get gas :emotions122:

You must be registered for see images attach

Brett77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
502 stroker
Just finished two fresh fuel sending units, and now completing my new Dakota digital gauges.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well not paying attention to the ol fuel needle i ran her outta gas just now on my way home. Managed to coast her to the local FD and called the gf to come get me to go get gas :emotions122:

That ol miles till empty readout lies, eh?

:)

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That ol miles till empty readout lies, eh?

:)
Story there..... when i "accidently" replaced the sending unit (whole nother story....ask ill tell) i bent the float to read empty when it wasnt fully empty so i could get to a pump before it was boner dry. I simply just wasnt watchin the gauge lol :rolleyes:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Story there..... when i "accidently" replaced the sending unit (whole nother story....ask ill tell) i bent the float to read empty when it wasnt fully empty so i could get to a pump before it was boner dry. I simply just wasnt watchin the gauge lol :rolleyes:

Ok - do tell, do tell!:)

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Ok - do tell, do tell!:)
So probly 2 years ago now the gas guage stops workin... (bear in mind now, dual tanks) so im like ok the sending unit died. I go and buy the unit and all the fun stuff with it, waste a saturday droppin the tank and replacing the unit and puttin it back in with all the hassles. So after its all back together (tank still had gas in) i hop in and turn the key.... no gauge, WTF. So as i sit behind the wheel pondering the failure i look down and see the real problem.... TAKE A GUESS. Also bear in mind the right tank does not work.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
So probly 2 years ago now the gas guage stops workin... (bear in mind now, dual tanks) so im like ok the sending unit died. I go and buy the unit and all the fun stuff with it, waste a saturday droppin the tank and replacing the unit and puttin it back in with all the hassles. So after its all back together (tank still had gas in) i hop in and turn the key.... no gauge, WTF. So as i sit behind the wheel pondering the failure i look down and see the real problem.... TAKE A GUESS. Also bear in mind the right tank does not work.

You use the left, and the switch was to the right?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I rotate tanks every fill up or every other one at least. Try to keep the valve operating every so often. If I go on a trip like to my farm I fill both and drain one then switch the other.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Quick update on the airsoft BB's. My truck had trouble getting over 60mph when getting on the highway. It would shake and struggle a bit, sometimes a white knuckle situation. It's only been a couple days but it definitely rides smoother with the BB's. I got up on the highway yesterday and I look down and I'm doing 70 like it was nothing! Nice and smooth, no shake, just enough vibration from the knobs but that was it. We'll see what happens in the future but for now it's going good.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Quick update on the airsoft BB's. My truck had trouble getting over 60mph when getting on the highway. It would shake and struggle a bit, sometimes a white knuckle situation. It's only been a couple days but it definitely rides smoother with the BB's. I got up on the highway yesterday and I look down and I'm doing 70 like it was nothing! Nice and smooth, no shake, just enough vibration from the knobs but that was it. We'll see what happens in the future but for now it's going good.
We're these new tires? What did they ride like at 70mph before the bb's? Not as smooth I would guess?

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
We're these new tires? What did they ride like at 70mph before the bb's? Not as smooth I would guess?
Somewhat new. Maybe 5k miles on them. They were balanced with clip on weights but I couldn't hit 70, the truck would shake too much. I wish I knew how good the balance was at the beginning but they ride smooth now.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Somewhat new. Maybe 5k miles on them. They were balanced with clip on weights but I couldn't hit 70, the truck would shake too much. I wish I knew how good the balance was at the beginning but they ride smooth now.
Ok so you can tell a big difference, that's all I wanted to know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pugs Speed Shop