What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Replace the hood on the C30 with the help of @foamypirate.

Put new not matching sale pouches on the crew cab

And play with some hubcaps i got for the crew cab trying to decide if black or Chrome wheels will be better

jt1200r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
4.3/th400/3.08
i had to replace mine. the center pin(?) that holds the spring was broken.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
got all forward lights working

JRandle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado
Engine Size
Tinkered with mine with my dad last night and found out all the lights actually work! Interior lights and all! I was amazed

t1xj

Reaction score
First Name
t
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
went to get it from my parents, registered it, worked on it a bit, and took it on its first drive in years. made it the 450 miles home like a champ, albeit leaking oil the whole way.

Attachments

• photo 3 (2).jpg
    photo 3 (2).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 97

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Pulled the driver head.. Realized how much cleaning it needs. Also discovered the truck was also somehow running without exhaust manifold gaskets.

Also discovered a bunch of destroyed lifters and pushrods amongst other things..

Measure the bore.. 4.0 which solves the mystery behind the block type.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
I was finally able to replace the passenger side front rubber brake hose, had to remove the rubber fuel lines to the fuel pump to get room to work. Just as well, as the PO had installed a 3/8" hose on the 1/4" fitting. Why don't people use the correct size hoses on stuff ??
And since I re-plumbed the power brake booster with a 3/8" line to replace the 1/4" he had on it, I now have good power brakes again.
Installed the dust cover on the torque converter, very important with the roads I drive on.
When I first turned on the key today after all the work, the windshield wipers moved, I hadn't tested them out yet. It looks like the intermittent switch I installed is going to do the job.
Tested the steering with the new steering box input seal installed, things are coming together now and working as they should on the truck.
I am giving up on trying to degrease the frame and underside, nothing I have here works, and I heard it's illegal for shops to use a steam cleaner now.
So that will have to wait until maybe someday if I decide to do a frame up restoration on it.
New window regulators and window seals should be in friday, so the weekend project will be to take the doors apart and fix those items.
Then I get to tackle installing the fuel switchover solenoid so I can use gas from both tanks. The PO had bypassed the passenger tank, and I'm not sure all the hoses and lines are accounted for under the truck. Wish me luck on that one.

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Should a listened to hot rod burnt up my msd plug wire on the header. Luckily I had an extra one made it fit took off ac compressor for now till I put serpentine on so not in the way like it was before..also cleaned up the wire's on the fans some what.

Attachments

• 20140809_115349.jpg
    20140809_115349.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20140809_121323.jpg
    20140809_121323.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 73

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
Replaced driver's door window regulator and window seals.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Put new weather strip under the toolbox to keep it from squeaking against the bed, and installed a new door pull strap on the passenger side door panel.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Welded a new tab at the bottom of the pass rear door for the door seal. The damn thing had rusted completely off. I decided not to tackle the rust extending into the rocker as you can see in the pic, there was enough to weld to so I figured it would be fine. I used KBS rust blast over the top then KBS paint over that although I don't have a pic. I'll use a little filler and some sorta-color matched paint to finish things up when I get a chance. Seam sealer will go on tonight though.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Welded a new tab at the bottom of the pass rear door for the door seal. The damn thing had rusted completely off. I decided not to tackle the rust extending into the rocker as you can see in the pic, there was enough to weld to so I figured it would be fine. I used KBS rust blast over the top then KBS paint over that although I don't have a pic. I'll use a little filler and some sorta-color matched paint to finish things up when I get a chance. Seam sealer will go on tonight though.

Nice work! I need to do that on my passenger side on my 84'. There was barely enough left to get the door seal onto and it seems to be working for now. Mine is into the cab corner and rocker as well.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Nice work! I need to do that on my passenger side on my 84'. There was barely enough left to get the door seal onto and it seems to be working for now. Mine is into the cab corner and rocker as well.

Ouch, now that sucks. Those are some complex bends. You might be better off cutting a donor or buying the pieces from LMC and cutting/welding what you need. That's what I did with my '80 Camaro, bought a complete half floor and cut out what I needed. Its a royal PITA but it gets the job done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrusher