What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Well, haven't had it on the road yet, but it feels pretty good on the hard vinyl seat, probably good on cloth. I bet it would be easy to glue a sprue or put in a long toggle bolt through the back and then secure it through the seat gap. Might fit on the hump of my 2wd and could put some velcro or deck tape on the bottom for insurance also. If you look at the Igloo it has a big arch in the bottom, the cup holders are elevated and no good way to lap belt it down. I just don't trust it as much when there will be fresh carpet and upholstery present but it was considered.
I think the seals belt goes under the cupholders on that igloo one and over and just behind the cupholders on the Gott one. at least that what it looks like to me. that would make the Gott one less likely to go flying.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Put a new fuel pump in, as I had a carburetor leak down issue (I thought it might be valves in pump leaking, but also suspect carb boiling its gas)

Also my trailer wiring was meat-headed somewhere along the line, so I ripped out twisted wires and tape and fixed factory harness with crimp&heat shrink connectors. The photo is wrong, but, the new harness just plugged into the factory harness with a big T connector, and I have my trailer wiring again.

Attachments

• new fuel pump.jpeg
    new fuel pump.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 24
  • trailer wiring.jpeg
    trailer wiring.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 26

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
Installed a mini high torque starter and added an insulating wrap. Did the same thing a few years back for the 383 Stroker in the 57 Chevy to fix the heat soak/hard hot start issue and have had no problems since so hopefully this will help the squarebody too.

Now I look at the pics and wonder why I don’t put a bolt in that empty hole.

You must be registered for see images attach

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
got a replacement windshield installed. While driving back....I noticed I don't think I've ever seen a clean square window in my life lol. The rear view mirror looked like it was floating in the air.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
Since it was on the lift for the starter replacement I spent some time cleaning the underside and inner sheet metal. Nice way to spend a rainy morning. Now the underside is cleaner than the top side,lol.

In the one photo the 57 Chevy looks put out that the truck is on *his* lift. Bahaha

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Holy smokes! I thought my undercarriage was clean....you look days off the assembly line.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got new alt and plug for it. Wanted to clean up the po wiring jobs. Put two eye loops on them instead of splicing them and use one eye loop like before.

Then bolted both loops to the alt screw on back. Put a little connector grease on it and plugged it back in. Fired right up and was putting out 14.7v at battery. Then when I went to shut it off with the key it kept running. Had to turn off key and pull pug at alt to get it to shut off. Wtf did I do wrong? Should I splice the pos wire together like before into one loop? I don't see why it would make a difference but I can't have it like this. Lol

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My speedometer has been jumping around, so removed the gauge cluster and pulled the speedometer cable out of the housing. I cleaned it, lubed it, and tried to reinstall it, but it won't go all of the way back in, lacking about an inch or so. Is there a trick to getting it back in? Do I need to disconnect the cable housing at the transfer case or transmission (wherever it goes)?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My speedometer has been jumping around, so removed the gauge cluster and pulled the speedometer cable out of the housing. I cleaned it, lubed it, and tried to reinstall it, but it won't go all of the way back in, lacking about an inch or so. Is there a trick to getting it back in? Do I need to disconnect the cable housing at the transfer case or transmission (wherever it goes)?

Yeah, just remove the other end at the t-case. Go back up top and push the cable into the sheath farther than it needs to go. Then go back under, line up the cable and screw it back on. It will be good at the cluster end then.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
installed the Powerstop Evolution Sport pads and the heater/AC blower (minus 2 screws)....you know how it goes lol

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I cleaned it up and drove it to a car show in Jackson Louisiana. I was not expecting much of a show but saw some really nice vehicles, met some nice folks and I won a trophy. I took 3rd in the 4x4/Offroad category and our Bronco project took 2nd. Overall a pretty good day, especially since I was not expecting to win anything.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Did a bit of work on Bob today. Looks a bit better.
Got 6 new wheels and tires. Put some none dualls in the front to make the offset look beefier. Washed and scrubbed the faded OD green, got the chocky out of it, looks semi gloss now. Properly bolted on the front clip again, got all the door and fender gaps lined up. Popped the dents out of the doors. Reinstalled the grill and bumpers and lights. Cleaned up the engine bay, Cleaned up the rear bumper, installed a pintle, and cleaned up the edges of the bumper so its less of a skin killer. Also temporarily installed my Beer Keg gas tank just for fun.

Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Has the nicest factory squarebody dash ive ever seen. Interior is nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk