What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Got most of the trim on.
Done fcking with it for the week! Happy 4th!
The truck looks beautiful!
I see you decided to use solenoid door locks. ;)

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Got most of the trim on.
Done fcking with it for the week! Happy 4th!
It's so interesting to me to see fresh GM Light Blue Metallic, it's so much deeper than the faded stuff on my truck lol. Looks great! Did you get a pre-cut kit or is that the roll trim?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It's so interesting to me to see fresh GM Light Blue Metallic, it's so much deeper than the faded stuff on my truck lol. Looks great! Did you get a pre-cut kit or is that the roll trim?
Pre cut. Still had to cut or trim a few pieces though.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Pre cut. Still had to cut or trim a few pieces though.
Seeing your's is motivation and low temps has helped me get the cab ready for base/clear and reinstall!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Finally got all of my parts and pieces together and the hoses crimped to try to put AC on my truck yesterday. Got everything hooked up, went to vacuum it down and my borrow set of gauges has some weird check valve in the suction line. So an hour and a $64 visit to Harbor Freight, I've got my own set of new gauges. Suck it down, it holds a vacuum no problem. Start filling it, it takes the first can no problem but the compressor won't kick on. Turns out I had it wired wrong. Got that fixed, start sucking the second can down, pressures are coming up and right about the time I'm going to hose down the condenser, POP HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS :mad::mad: **** ME RUNNING. Can't find the leak, no moisture or anything to be found but when I open the low pressure valve, it sounds like it's coming from my new Chinesium evaporator. So I swap it out with the OG one, get it all back together and now it won't hold a vacuum at all and I can't tell where it's hissing from. *********.

So I picked up some freon with the UV dye this morning, maybe I can at least get an answer before I leave for SETN tomorrow morning. *sigh*

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Finally got all of my parts and pieces together and the hoses crimped to try to put AC on my truck yesterday. Got everything hooked up, went to vacuum it down and my borrow set of gauges has some weird check valve in the suction line. So an hour and a $64 visit to Harbor Freight, I've got my own set of new gauges. Suck it down, it holds a vacuum no problem. Start filling it, it takes the first can no problem but the compressor won't kick on. Turns out I had it wired wrong. Got that fixed, start sucking the second can down, pressures are coming up and right about the time I'm going to hose down the condenser, POP HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS :mad::mad: **** ME RUNNING. Can't find the leak, no moisture or anything to be found but when I open the low pressure valve, it sounds like it's coming from my new Chinesium evaporator. So I swap it out with the OG one, get it all back together and now it won't hold a vacuum at all and I can't tell where it's hissing from. *********.

So I picked up some freon with the UV dye this morning, maybe I can at least get an answer before I leave for SETN tomorrow morning. *sigh*
It really sucks to do all that work, and it don't come out like it should. I don't know squat about A/C...it me it eithers works or it don't. It is probably something small and stupid that is hissing.

One of my buddies upgraded to Vintage Air, in his 50 Merc. I helped him put it in (had instruction) and installed great, wouldn't hold pressure. We went over everything, after 3 hours, he finally found hose with a O ring that was pinched. It is the small little stuff that will drive you nuts...

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
It really sucks to do all that work, and it don't come out like it should. I don't know squat about A/C...it me it eithers works or it don't. It is probably something small and stupid that is hissing.

One of my buddies upgraded to Vintage Air, in his 50 Merc. I helped him put it in (had instruction) and installed great, wouldn't hold pressure. We went over everything, after 3 hours, he finally found hose with a O ring that was pinched. It is the small little stuff that will drive you nuts...
You're exactly right, I have no doubt it's something minor. I knew I shouldn't have tried to do this last minute before heading out of town for a show, but it's so hot I wanted to try lol. I'll suffer this weekend and then probably take it to someone who knows more than I do about them.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Removed 1 shim from the PS fender - I guess when the bodyshop adjusted that door it changed the gaps.

Or, maybe it has been that way all along. Who knows - been driving me crazy. May pull 1 more. That would leave 1 on the PS and 3 on the DS.

One of my 1st forays into bodywork ...

:eek:

And, ordered a lighter @Raider L & a pre-heater duct @SirRobyn0 from LMC.

My "working truck" and green status are now assured, as well as my man card.

:dogpile:

Last edited:

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Danced with the devil and tried the torch trick with my new found door panels. Always watch this crap on you tube and it actually works for the most part. Heck of a lot better then the sundried plastic.

Attachments

• 20220706_202311.jpg
    20220706_202311.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220706_202744.jpg
    20220706_202744.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220706_202849.jpg
    20220706_202849.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220706_203954.jpg
    20220706_203954.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 46

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Removed 1 ship from the PS fender - I guess when the bodyshop adjusted that door it changed the gaps.

Or, maybe it has been that way all along. Who knows - been driving me crazy. May pull 1 more. That would leave 1 on the PS and 3 on the DS.

One of my 1st forays into bodywork ...

:eek:

And, ordered a lighter @Raider L & a pre-heater duct @SirRobyn0 from LMC.

My "working truck" and green status are now assured, as well as my man card.

:dogpile:
That pre-heater duct stuff is getting harder to find. Last time we needed some at the shop and didn't have it on hand (we stock a little bit of 2 sizes) We had to order and wait a few days. Changing times I guess it's been many years since a new rig rolled off the assembly line with a thermac and heater riser / EFE.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
That pre-heater duct stuff is getting harder to find. Last time we needed some at the shop and didn't have it on hand (we stock a little bit of 2 sizes) We had to order and wait a few days. Changing times I guess it's been many years since a new rig rolled off the assembly line with a thermac and heater riser / EFE.

Yeah - our dead dino drinkers are dinosaurs themselves ...

I used to see the stuff in the Help section of Auto parts stores, but did not last time I actually looked.

Worst part of online buying is shipping- 8 snackers for that lighter element and the hose.

Tis what it tis ...

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Got a little sand blasting, and powder coating done today before the furnace turned on...

Attachments

• 20220707_104039.jpg
    20220707_104039.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220707_104052.jpg
    20220707_104052.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220707_104057.jpg
    20220707_104057.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest posts