What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looking good! Just a heads up, alot of guys online say the heat trick works but then they fade again even faster. Just be prepared to re-dye them sometime in the future
Hmm maybe mine will last a while? They won’t get constantly cooked by the sun…. Too late now. I pounded 2 beers while I used the spray paint torch!
Not too many activities allow a free drinkin hand while working on the car!

Maybe I’ll slobber them up with some Back to Black. That stuff lasts a while even in the sun.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Hmm maybe mine will last a while? They won’t get constantly cooked by the sun…. Too late now. I pounded 2 beers while I used the spray paint torch!
Not too many activities allow a free drinkin hand while working on the car!

Maybe I’ll slobber them up with some Back to Black. That stuff lasts a while even in the sun.
I'm crunching on mine hard doing a bunch of things trying to get ready for the Southeastern Truck Nationals next weekend while swilling cold ones. Probably shouldn't be but oh well :anitoof:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I'm crunching on mine hard doing a bunch of things trying to get ready for the Southeastern Truck Nationals next weekend while swilling cold ones. Probably shouldn't be but oh well :anitoof:
Shouldn't be...What? Crunching on it hard? I agree take your time, don't rush it.

You don't mean swilling cold ones do you? That's blasphemy...and we aren't aloud to curse on here anymore...

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Little more progress today.
Son got the bed bolted down and finished putting tail lights back in.
I got the carpet in and then we got the seat in.
Painted the bumper hitch too.
Learned a couple cool things from my buddy today. Used a 1/2” socket heated up with a torch to cut the holes in the carpet for the seat and seat belt bolts.
Also “restored” the sun faded tops of the interior door panels by heating them with a torch. That was amazing. It was like a torch spray paint can. Turned them back to original color like nothing!
And took a couple hot laps and roasted the old tires a couple times!!
You must be registered for see images attach

I have never heard of hot torching the door panels. Do you just use the heat, and wave it over? Can you use a heat gun instead? Maybe do a write up on it.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have never heard of hot torching the door panels. Do you just use the heat, and wave it over? Can you use a heat gun instead? Maybe do a write up on it.
Ya I bet a beat gun would work just fine too. Bit slower but less risk of melting the plastic.
Write up?
Find faded piece
Click torch to on
When flame appears, wave it over the plastic.
Start slow until you get a feel for how much heat it takes.
Professionals use their dominant hand for the heating device and other for a cold beer…

Seriously, idk will see how long it lasts.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Flame polishing.

Little Tykes uses it on their toy cars when they come out of the mold and they recommend it to their customers when they get scratched or scuffed.

I didn't know it was workable for our plastics, but it makes sense that it does. Wave a flame fast across the plastic to put a fast melt on the surface and freshen it up. I've done it with other plastics, so it makes sense. Flame on my friends.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Grit dog ,And you qualify as a Professional, right??....lol
Nope…
Can’t even get the damn door handles back in.
Got the pinstripes on today. Figured slap the door handles in before dinner….
Me and the kid messed with it for prolly 2 hours….
Don’t think it’s possible without removing the rod from the actual door latch.
When I took it apart I just punched pin out of the door handle pivot.

Khayward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban SLE
Engine Size
Spent time Friday pulling what was left of the exhaust off the 'burb. Going to temporarily throw a standard replacement muffler and tailpipe on there until I can get a better understanding of the condition of the motor, as well as one of those slimline flexible 'catalytic converters'. It did seem to run better with all that junk removed but not sure the neighbours agree.
Got to looking around underneath while at it and found that the panels behind the bumper are pretty rough. I find the pattern of corrosion on this thing pretty strange as the frame rails are a bit scaly but the underside of the body has a lot of paint and very limited surface rust. That said it does look like most of the paint came out of can. During a dust storm.

Attachments

• 20220629_180852.jpg
    20220629_180852.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 47

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Just some minor stuff for me today. I've had aux transmission cooler on the truck, it actually come with it already on. It's been fine but it's pretty old and I noticed it seeping a little on the side the other day so I had older Hayden unit still in it's box, it's one of the good plate and fin type and big. It covers over the whole passenger side of the radiator so a little bit bigger than the old one was. I had no trouble with transmission temps before except towing the trailer on the hottest days on roads where there was a lot of shifting and converter work so this may help. I didn't think to snap any pics though :(

Then I fixed up the fuel line. I haven't quite figured out the best way to do this and maybe on of you will see something. But I'm running a block pump and factory metal line up to the manifold. Then rubber, pressure regulator, rubber line, fuel filter, rubber line into Edelbrock carb. I'm fine with all that what I don't like is the sharp 90 degree turn the line must make. It seems to like a stress point to me so I've just been replacing the rubber every couple years to make sure it doesn't start to leak there. After that did a quick wipe down under the hood. Really needs a good detailing but this will keep me happy for now.

Pics of the line and engine:
It's between the regulator and fuel filter that I worry about. Maybe I just need to manhandle the metal line a little so all that stuff is in a straighter line?

Attachments

• 20220630_182734.jpg
    20220630_182734.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Just some minor stuff for me today. I've had aux transmission cooler on the truck, it actually come with it already on. It's been fine but it's pretty old and I noticed it seeping a little on the side the other day so I had older Hayden unit still in it's box, it's one of the good plate and fin type and big. It covers over the whole passenger side of the radiator so a little bit bigger than the old one was. I had no trouble with transmission temps before except towing the trailer on the hottest days on roads where there was a lot of shifting and converter work so this may help. I didn't think to snap any pics though :(

Then I fixed up the fuel line. I haven't quite figured out the best way to do this and maybe on of you will see something. But I'm running a block pump and metal line up to the manifold. Then rubber, pressure regulator, rubber line, fuel filter, rubber line into Edelbrock carb. I'm fine with all that what I don't like is the sharp 90 degree turn the line must make. It seems to like a stress point to me so I've just been replacing the rubber every couple years to make sure it does start to leak there. After that did a quick wipe down under the hood. Really needs a good detailing but this will keep me happy for now.

Pics of the line and engine:
It's between the regulator and fuel filter that I worry about. Maybe I just need to manhandle the metal line a little so all that stuff is in a straighter line?

Nice eddy!!!! Take that all you holley guys! Lmao @Paladin

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Nice eddy!!!! Take that all you holley guys! Lmao @Paladin
Thanks! It's one of the thunder series with the adjustable air flap. Actually installed by the PO, it's probably got 70K on it or so. Though I'd rather be running the Q-jet as a matter of personal preference this eddy has been good to me, and I'm very happy with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag