What’s IT Worth? (Post all “what’s it worth threads here)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
The truck is like a time machine. I would hate to see it go to someone that will ruin a solid stock truck. I can see it now dropped ,tubed and LS swapped. That would be a shame IMHOP.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not to burst any bubbles as the market is very fickle.

Squarebody Sydicate had a white all original '74 with something like 1100 miles on it. It sold at auction 2-3 years ago and I think it sold in the very low teens at auction. People thought it would go for for 2-3x the price as the market was at a peak and it was very well publicized at shows and even had a model shown below made after it. I think if its not a high trim, high optioned they are worth significantly less.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The truck is like a time machine. I would hate to see it go to someone that will ruin a solid stock truck. I can see it now dropped ,tubed and LS swapped. That would be a shame IMHOP.

Very well said.

TX87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Txr10
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Well I thought about putting my truck up on Marketplace for more than it's worth just to gauge the market and I've got a guy wanting to show up now with cash tomorrow so wanted to get some advice.

Long story short we payed the wifes car off and I was thinking about getting something for road trips that is more dependable and then buying another square that's more of a project (no motor and trans or something).

You can see my truck in my profile pic. 87 Long bed dual tank power lock and windows ac 305 TBI 105k miles. Needs valve job still but runs amazing other than smoking on startup. No rust besides the bed surface.

I posted it for $12k he wants to bring 10.5k cash to buy it tomorrow. I listed it yesterday. I was thinking I would post it and it would sit for a few months just to gauge the market.

Did I price too low?

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Too low. What would you say it would cost to replace it with one in equal condition? That's the way I look at pricing.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I can't speak for the current value, since they seem to be all over the place.

But, I can say with certainty that if I had something up for sale, not entirely sure I wanted to sell it and someone was trying to buy it right away... ain't no way I'd accept less than the asking price.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I'm with everyone else. Has hard as these trucks are getting in a half a$$ descent shape to find. Yours is in above average shape, I would tell him 10.5 isn't going to get it. I'd hold strong at 12K.

You could always tell him you have someone offering 12K, and see if he offers more.

Here in Texas our Squarebodies are getting a premium. I know a couple people in the NE that pay way above market valve, because we don't live in the rust belt.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
I'm with everyone else. Has hard as these trucks are getting in a half a$$ descent shape to find. Yours is in above average shape, I would tell him 10.5 isn't going to get it. I'd hold strong at 12K.

You could always tell him you have someone offering 12K, and see if he offers more.

Here in Texas our Squarebodies are getting a premium. I know a couple people in the NE that pay way above market valve, because we don't live in the rust belt.
Prices really are fickle though as said above. And so many asking so much $ for complete cr@p and then super high priced if they’re nice, you kinda never know where they land without a what’s it worth discussion like this.
And unless I really want something gone, I generally don’t come down 10% on day 1 lol.
also you don’t even know if the guy is full of sheet or not. Unless he’s a long ways away, he is a tool for phone haggling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crick13