Truck can't tow anymore...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyC30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I have had several people tell me that they don't see the point of having a one ton that can't tow anything. When I tell them I agree they look at me puzzled as if I didn't realize they were referring to my truck. People. :chair: I asked one of them that since my truck has the same factory leaf springs, smaller tires that reduce rotational mass and are still E rated 10 plys, and two 10K pound Firestone air bags, which part exactly decreased or eliminated my tow capacity? No response. I can put the C30 on a trailer behind my C3500 and tow it across country with no issues (other than the huge hit to my bank account for gas). There is a difference between lowering something, and lowering something the right way. Kinda the way that hockey pucks shouldn't be used as body lifts and slapping wooden blocks under your leaf springs isn't how you should lift one.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Correct my friend!

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I learned long ago young grasshopper not to give a flying flip what anyone else thought.:flipthebird:em

DirtyC30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I learned long ago young grasshopper not to give a flying flip what anyone else thought.:flipthebird:em

Haha SO wise....:favorites13: I don't care if people don't like it as long as they don't like it because of the right reasons, for example: if I go over a speed bump too fast I'll rip my oil and or tranny pan off :Big Laugh: But Obi-Won-Ka-Animal your are right :flipthebird:em

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I think many people without knowledge of our particular "sport" if you want to call modifying our vehicles in one direction or another a sport, are under the assumption that a lowered or lifted truck is inherently dangerous and don't realize some people out there know how to build things right. Not just for looks but for better than stock performance. My truck rides so much better than my dad's stock height truck, and he has all-new springs and shocks. I used to take the time to try to educate people but anymore I'm with animal, :flipthebird: em! Many of them, you can talk till you're blue in the face and they'll still say "...I don't care what you say..." :lol:

DirtyC30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I think many people without knowledge of our particular "sport" if you want to call modifying our vehicles in one direction or another a sport, are under the assumption that a lowered or lifted truck is inherently dangerous and don't realize some people out there know how to build things right. Not just for looks but for better than stock performance. My truck rides so much better than my dad's stock height truck, and he has all-new springs and shocks. I used to take the time to try to educate people but anymore I'm with animal, :flipthebird: em! Many of them, you can talk till you're blue in the face and they'll still say "...I don't care what you say..." :lol:

:lol: :favorites13:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The only way to convince some people is to take them for a ride. Otherwise they will continue to think that every lowered truck rides like a roller skate, and every lifted truck bounces all over the road.

When I bought my lifted crew cab, I took my dad for a ride in it. His exact words were: "Wow! I can't believe how civilized it is!"

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lets face it, no matter what you do to your toys, whether it be in suspension, motor build, trans build etc, you'll have critics. Some will be good criticism, but most will be negative and I do beleive personally, the negative is motivated by jealuosy rather than actual concern.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
HRPC is right. now matter what you do or don't to your truck(s) there will be people out there that love and people out there that hate it so you just gotta do what you wanna do and let it roll of your back, man.

...and like you said just be sure that any mods are done the right way :) A hack job is a hack job weather that truck is lowered, lifted or stock height :)

DirtyC30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Lets face it, no matter what you do to your toys, whether it be in suspension, motor build, trans build etc, you'll have critics. Some will be good criticism, but most will be negative and I do beleive personally, the negative is motivated by jealuosy rather than actual concern.

HRPC is right. now matter what you do or don't to your truck(s) there will be people out there that love and people out there that hate it so you just gotta do what you wanna do and let it roll of your back, man.

Yeah you're right and I don't mind the critics (especially since I live in 4x4 land). It's the ignorant critics that drive me nuts. If you don't like it that's fine, to each their own, but don't give me some BS reason...I don't like lifted trucks because they all roll over and burst into flames if you turn faster than 10mph :crazy:...

...and like you said just be sure that any mods are done the right way :) A hack job is a hack job weather that truck is lowered, lifted or stock height :)

Yep :High 5: I have seen my fair share of hack jobs :rofl:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I don't like lifted trucks because they all roll over and burst into flames if you turn faster than 10mph
I used to like you... :flipthebird: :lol: You probably don't like lifted trucks because the owners of them are the ones giving you hell all the time. I got no problem with lowered trucks, till the owners start talking **** about mine.

DirtyC30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I used to like you... :flipthebird: :lol:

:roflbow::roflbow: I like lifted trucks, it's my 4' tall body that disagrees! I have owned a couple lifted trucks and I just prefer lowered ones...but I have been eyeballing a RC LB 4x4 :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula