Tow Trucks, Wreckers and Car Hauler Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Agero has to be the worst. It's all insurance companies and people are already wired to think the insurance companies owe them. Doesn't matter that I'm not the insurance company, I obviously work directly for them so I take part in the monthly screwing.

Sorry, rant over.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll tell you another thing about Agero customers. DAMAGE CLAIMS !!! And most of them are Fake claims. The drivers didn't damage those hunks of **** in most cases.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
AMEN!! I'm dealing with a damage claim from AAA right now. Guy says I bent his tie rod and I'm not seeing it. I've made mistakes before and I have no problem owning them. That didn't happen here. I hate greedy dumbshits.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And many have no shame in that game either. I had a customer once, He nosed in a parking spot with a broken RIGHT ball joint. Tire fell down and clearly there was damage to the fender. I was in my self loader. Being it was nosed in, I would have had to of had a jack to lift the wheel back upright even to put it in dollies. And I didn't trust that in a dolly. So I called bossman and said, Hey, send a RB over here and I'll show the driver how to load a broken ball joint without any secondary damage. He says, why not just dolly it. I said, it's nosed in, and I don't have a jack to stand the wheel up, drop dollies to get it out, then take it off the dollies, hook up in the front, then re drop the dollies in the rear, so just send a ******' rollback dude, I'm not stupid. So he asks for the PO #. He gets the PO off the fax machine that the dispatcher had sent me on. He instantly recognized the name and model of car. He called me back, and said WE'RE NOT TOWING THAT ****** CAR. I asked why? He said look at the left side fender of that car and tell me if there is any damage. So I did. I said, uhh yeah as a matter of fact it looks just like the right side does now, it looks he lost a ball joint on that side and damaged the fender so now they match. My manager says, yes, this ******* filed a damage claim on us 3 months ago for $700 saying we damaged his fender during the tow of his car, when the driver had already pointed out to him the damage was done, so you tell that guy he'll have to call back and get another dispatch for a different company. I was so fukin pist. I told the manager, I got this, I'll handle it. BYE. I told the customer, So what has happened now, you filed a damage claim for $700 that was NOT our fault, and cost OUR DRIVER $700 who makes $500 a week, so he worked for 1.5 weeks for FREE to pay for damage claim, and NOW, the motorclub is NOT going to cover the tow for your car. He mumbled and made claims the driver made it worse blah blah blah, and I said, well funny both sides look identical and I haven't laid a damn hand on this car, let alone a piece of equipment and I damn sure not going to pay for fake ass damage claims out of my check nor am I going to let any of my tow truck driving brothers in OKC for any company at all, so good luck with that. Have a great day, and BTW, since the left ball joint went bad already, you should have known the right side was close behind. I took pictures of both sides of the fenders, called up Agero myself, gave them the PO #, and told them what happened on the other claim and to look up his history, they found it. I told them what I told the guy, that Agero WILL NOT pay for your tow due to a fraudelent or baseless damage claim that he'd have to call his own tow truck. The insurance company, I think Liberty Mutual if I recall correctly and wanted to know what was up and why we told the customer that. I told the guy about it, told him I have pics to prove it. I sent them to the guy via cell phone. All I got back was Thank You, I understand and agree, we'll be dropping his towing coverage since it's not going to do him any good now. Got back to the yard and manager was flippin' the hell out and wanted to know wth I told the customer and Agero. :happy175: I told him and he said, that's outside your authority. I told him when it comes to me paying for fake damage claims and any other driver, or my buddies and tow brothers, it damn sure is my ****** authority and if you don't like it, take the phone from me and I'll never talk to Agero again, and further you can fire me. So the owner was there too. He told the manager, I agree, but a fork in that lowlife ******. I told the manager so I think you owe Derek $700, was now an ex employee because he got sick of paying for damage claims.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Guess we're going more into long haul. Last Monday was 185 miles down to Olympia (thru Seattle). Tuesday was going to the coast for 28' motorhome going 240 miles (thru Seattle). Yesterday was 100 miles into Seattle and today will probably be south of Seattle with a detour thru one of the islands. Either way I'll be gone most of the day today as well. It does make for an easy day even though it does require going thru Seattle...again.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sounds like all money making runs.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Worked out ok for me but the SeaTac run has been postponed. Three out of 4 of our trucks are giving us problems now. Hopefully we can get one of them back up tomorrow. If we're lucky, something may happen on another one tonight.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This one is from @foamypirate 's hood. Nope, not mine thankfully.

Attachments

• PlugerCrash1.jpg
    PlugerCrash1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 102
  • PlugerCrash2.jpg
    PlugerCrash2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 104
  • PlugerCrash3.jpg
    PlugerCrash3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 107
  • PlugerCrash4.jpg
    PlugerCrash4.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 141

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
just built this about a month ago @HotRodPC

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's badass. I can tell someone anticipated the Supreme Court decision in that color scheme though.

In the right location, that truck can make some serious cash pulling out the drunk idiots.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not sure Toe Joe will be posting up here or not, but his Rollback got hit last night parked in front of his drivers house and was pushed 2 house away. Demolished the car and the driver gets out and runs and leaves 2 injured passengers in the car, one of them in serious condition as well as an infant. Just bailed and left the scene on foot. Split the car open like a can opener on the passenger side. Sad deal. His rb bed and wheel lift is jacked the hell up. That truck is out of commission now.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
We could use that one for the calls we get up the National Forest roads. Those calls really beat the crap out of the equipment.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Not sure Toe Joe will be posting up here or not, but his Rollback got hit last night parked in front of his drivers house and was pushed 2 house away. Demolished the car and the driver gets out and runs and leaves 2 injured passengers in the car, one of them in serious condition as well as an infant. Just bailed and left the scene on foot. Split the car open like a can opener on the passenger side. Sad deal. His rb bed and wheel lift is jacked the hell up. That truck is out of commission now.

DAMN! That is messed up. Job is dangerous enough working along side the road but to get a truck taken out just park at the driver's house is pretty messed up. I hope they find idiot quick. Sounds like he has two less friends.

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

Just about done cleaning
That's badass. I can tell someone anticipated the Supreme Court decision in that color scheme though.

In the right location, that truck can make some serious cash pulling out the drunk idiots.
All the wreckers are painted that way been that way for years . But we've got son big equipment down here and we don't play when it comes to using them either. We've got 4 50 ton Peterbilts and that 1/4 of the fleet.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
My last week in pictures...

This was first thing this morning. Local kid hauling ass to football practice. Got rear ended by a big ass tree. He didn't make it to practice but will probably be back next week.

1970 Stingray with less than 50K, one owner car.

73 Trans Am. Been sitting in storage for the last 5 years.

And this was last Monday night. Driver won't be driving again for a while after the DA finishes with the Vehicular Homicide charges. That one went to WSP impound to be held as evidence. Definitely fencing done wrong. I won't go into details on the passenger details, but the douche of a driver got out, took a dump, then started running. He was in custody before the car made it into Impound. After the car went through the fence it went 50' into the brush and trees making for a blind pull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man