touch up paint!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey guys qucik question,

so i painted my k20 this past summer it was my first paint job and it came out "good" i can see someplaces i should of spent more time sanding or filling but i dont want to do it again and press my luck.

My question is, from aligning doors and fenders i nicked the edges alot down to the primer.

Would some touch up singlestage that i had mixed of the proper color work fine for covering those up?

Thanks
Liam

Attachments

• truck4.jpg
    truck4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 65

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I guess it depends on how high your standards are - and how deep the divots are.

If the primer is still intact, the color should build up after 2-3 coats. If the primer came off with the finish however - it's probably easier to use either a couple of coats of high build primer (or a thin coat of filler) first.

You went this far - might as well do it right. You are going to be looking at the results for a long time.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
what i really would love to do is repaint the whole truck because i missed a few dents and those chips, but in reality ill probaly just touch them up.

It was my first paint job ever and i am happy. i just wish i did better and didnt screw the door ends and fender ends up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub