Recommend touch-up paint source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I want to clean up some rusted areas on the rocker panels and then spray matching touch-up to make it less obvious. I would prefer rattle can spray paint, since ita a small area and I’m not set up with the right equipment to use my compressor to spray.

I need ‘75 vintage, GM color 62 light saddle paint as a final coat. I assume I also need primer to use after I sand the rust down to bare metal.

Can anyone recommend a good vendor for rattle can paint matching GM 62 color?

Elliot W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've used ERA paint before for a couple projects (touch up on a 2014 Subaru and door jams on a 66 Nova). I got the primer, base coat, and clear coat from them, total was around $60 and it came out great when I bought it through amazon.

Or if you prefer, you can likely get rattle can touch up paint at your local auto paint store. My local store (E+M Paint, a chain I believe) made me a can of SEM paint for about $25 that I used to spray my 74 C10 firewall. Only difference between the SEM and ERA is that SEM is single stage (the clear is mixed in the paint). Since the C10s were probably single stage, it might be best to go this route from your local paint store. If you don't have a local paint store, the ERA route is a good option.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Thanks. I’ll look for a local store, but I’m in the burbs and online purchase will probably be easier.

My truck probably had single stage factory paint, but it was repainted in about 2003 and now has a clear coat layer on top.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Bought a touch up pen from these folks. 1984 Indian Bronze 66 if I recall. Damm good match, would buy from them again.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
SEM, in my opinion makes quality products.
Their interior parts spray worked well on the squarebody. And I used SEM flex primer on a plastic bumper part on the kids car going on 3 years ago now and it’s held up IE, not delaminated.
Have used the remainder of that rattle can of primer on small stuff since then as well with good results.
Can’t say as much for the PPG Omni single stage paint I used on that piece on the kids car. It has held up ok. But for a car that lived in the PNW and was garaged, it has already began to dull or fade a bit.

mrdap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C/K_Lover
Truck Year
81-91
Truck Model
C20/K30/V15/V2500
Engine Size
350/454
Good discussion, thanks for the tips