Timing a 6.2 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I need to see what the timing is on my 6.2 so I can work to getting the thing on the road again. I have a tach n time from kent moore that I can use as well as a timing light. Has anyone ever used this tool before?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
if you look at the injection pump this are two little lines, in parall all that you do it take the side that is moveable and move it up an 1/8 of an inch that will inch your timing

google the location, since I just sold my 6.2 I dont have an example to take pictures of

FilthyFifth

Reaction score
First Name
herman
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
if you look at the injection pump this are two little lines, in parall all that you do it take the side that is moveable and move it up an 1/8 of an inch that will inch your timing

google the location, since I just sold my 6.2 I dont have an example to take pictures of

He's right. where your injector pump mounts up to the engine there are two hash marks. It isn't easy to twist the IP because of the hard fuel lines hooked up, but that's good because every 1/16 of an inch is 3 degrees. Small adjustment, drive around, repeat until satisfied. IP hash mark sitting on the passenger side of the matching line is retarding the timing, on the driver's side is adavncing the timing. Good luck!:waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don